The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to find a broadhead for my xbow without buying all of them on the shelf. I shot a Parker 160# with Parker carbon bolts 20". No preferance on fixed or mechanical as long as they shoot.

·
Registered
19,269 Posts
Presently Slick Tricks 100 grain magnums, 100 grain Griz Tricks and 100 grain G5 Strikers all would be great starting points with a crossbow.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Presently Slick Tricks 100 grain magnums, 100 grain Griz Tricks and 100 grain G5 Strikers all would be great starting points with a crossbow.

x2

·
Registered
21,018 Posts
I've killedclose to 30 deer with regular slick trick magnums and 3 with the grizztricks.I never had any issues with either and they both shoot perfect out of my Hoyt.I will say this.Don't get hung up on the size of the hole because it doesn't man anything.The grizztricks put a very impressive hole ina deer but the deer don't die any faster.A reglar slick trick is about as good as it gets.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I like rocky mountain gator xp's(discontinued).. Best flying mech broadhead IMO..No pre-openings. Bass pro started selling a version of gators though same thing... Opened my buck WIDE fell within 40 yards.. Basically its the predecessor of the rage 2 blade, without the rage pre opening issues (in a crossbow).

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I would imagine the Crosspro shoots great out of the Parker bows since they're the same brand. It's basically a G5 Striker knock off.

·
Registered
19,269 Posts
It is the same as the G5 Striker. Good broadhead for sure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts