The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use a Excalibur crossbow and was wondering the advantages and disadvantages of using 100 grain broadheads as compared to 125 grain broadheads? I currently use 125 grain broadheads but was wondering if the hundred grain would actually help it shoot any flatter? Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
20,151 Posts
A little flatter at normal ranges. Not that much. If your arrows have brass inserts, the 100 grain head would be what I use. If your arrows have aluminum inserts, I would stick to the 125 grain head to add a little KE and also to aid front of center balance.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I second what 'dpms' says. I use arrows with brass inserts so that I can just stick with the 100 grain heads and still have the proper front of center weight. The most important accuracy factor for a crossbow is getting the weight toward the front of those short arrows, so if you go with aluminum inserts, 125 would be ideal.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I need to buy some new broadheads so I will be getting some 100 grain since I have brass inserts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.