1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Great vid. It should put the whole Rage penetration debate to rest....lol

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
They should of used a two blade rage instead of the three. But anyway, I never had any problems with penetrating deer, so far this archery season ive taken three doe, all with rage 2 blade , all three were complete pass throughs, arrow burried in the ground .

·
Registered
106 Posts
Dan Fitzgerald did this same thing with Muzzys back in the early 1990s and had a complete pass through.

That Trocar tip punched through the steel like it was butter.

I tried to find the video on the web but didn't have any luck.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't think he shot them open... I'm pretty sure he shot the mellon to see if they performed as advertised. My guess is he used a new tip after the function test.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have killed three nice Wisconsin bucks the last three years with two-bladed Rage. All pass throughs. 300 lb bucks on the hoof, 220-230 dressed, much bigger animal than we hunt in p.a. and n.j. It works for me!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
all this video shows is how a broadhead stands up to a steel barrel. i have yet to meet a PA whitetail with steel ribs. i feel any broadhead out there is more than enough medicine for whitetails.

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
pallof said:
all this video shows is how a broadhead stands up to a steel barrel. i have yet to meet a PA whitetail with steel ribs. i feel any broadhead out there is more than enough medicine for whitetails.

+1

I have used Rage 3 blade the last 2 yrs with good results.

Just use whatever you feel comfortable with.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts