The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the search for a new broadhead target as mine is now about shot and the company no longer makes the version I had. I wanted to get everyone's opinion on what they use and what is a good one to go with. So everyone start shooting.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I put 4 of this square walking/floor mats together. Stops the arrow, but I'm shooting 50-60 lb recurve. Only drawback is the broadhead has to be removed to pull the arrow. Cost was <20$

·
Registered
810 Posts
I'm also a Rinehart guy. Pricey, yes. Buy once cry once. Mine is in its 4th season of heavy use and is still solid, although there are certainly soft spots in it now. I also keep it outside. Its never been inside since day one. No degradation of the material, other than the color has faded.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
BLOB! the end.

my only answer to this question every time it's asked.

better than all the rest and those opposing my answer have not tried one because it must be ordered versus picked up at the local sporting good store.

·
Super Moderator
12,510 Posts
I use Reinharts 18-1. Have the current one for 7 years and still checking my sight in with broad heads. Years ago before good broad targets were on the market we would purchase heavy duty ethafoam polyethylene planks. They would stop our arrows on a partial pass through and we would remove the broad heads, pull the arrow and reattach the broad head. The planks were expensive and it require handling sharp broad heads a few times; however, it was the best he had in those days.

I don't mind spending a few bucks for a good broad target, whereas the best check for tuning POI is shooting exactly what one is hunting with at the moment of truth.

·
Registered
525 Posts
BLOB! the end.

my only answer to this question every time it's asked.

better than all the rest and those opposing my answer have not tried one because it must be ordered versus picked up at the local sporting good store.
Agreed--best archery target going for the money. If one doesn't want to order them--hey that's fine.
I also like Rineharts 18-1 or their latest crossbow target tolerates broadheads pretty well.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Lately, I've been using a Block Black target for my crossbow. It's holding up pretty well so far. But if you're wanting a 3D deer target, I'm sticking with my original Reinhart recommendation.

·
Registered
172 Posts
It comes with a 1 year warranty. Keep your receipt, and be sure to mail in the warranty card. If it's shot out on all sides, the store should exchange it for a new one. I've gotten at least 5 free ones. I do shoot broadheads year 'round, and shoot a lot, so that helps, but it's warrantied for that. They do make a mess, but the warranty keeps me going back.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts