The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyone's recommendation for a new broadhead target? Looking for something that will not completely break the bank but will stop arrows before they hit the fetching. I am shooting about 340 fps with 100 grain heads.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Well me too--Rinehart all the way.
Either the 18-1, or the square Rinehart Rhino Brute. Both do a decent job--a little pricey, but in my opinion they are about the best production targets going.

·
Banned
2,577 Posts
blobs are way better than 18-1. i ruined my 18-1 in a month.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Rinehart 18-1 is my choice and I think you'll be happy with the one you ordered. Not only do they stand up to broadheads, they're compact. That's a big deal to me because it fits under my tonneau cover on my truck with my other gear. I can check my zero before heading out to hunt, which is something I do with my crossbow and my compound (especially when layering up in cold weather using the compound, as this can change your anchor point and your zero accordingly.)

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
I googled and came up with a blobtargets.net. According to them the .com is an offshoot company

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I have a Rinehart 18-1 because I practice with the broad head I hunt with not field points. it's tuff target but like all others it gets shopped pretty good.. been repairing my with expandable insulation in a can.

·
Super Moderator
12,827 Posts
Muskyman, you trashed a 18-1 in a month???

I've been shooting mine for atleast 3 or years now...

I'm finally getting close to needing a new one...

And I've shot many broadhead into it...1 1/4" 4 blade heads chew big holes quick...

You must have shot an incredible amount of broadheads into it!

It's by far the best target I've shot and lasted much longer than the others..

I have shot all the center's out pretty well..now I put a 1" bullseye where there is still good foam left..I will get through the year with it for sure...

I'm curious about this blob now...$135 shipped isn't bad..only issue is the weight...

The 18-1 is light and portable...when I goto camp I toss it in the truck and go...

·
Banned
2,577 Posts
i should clarify the 18-1 isn't horrible but i shoot tons and tons of broadheads. i keep my bow tuned with FPs but after 800-1000 broadheads on multiple sides it was shredded. the sheer size of the blob and density lends itself well to thousands and thousands of broadheads.

i have one outside all year and one in the basement range.

·
Banned
2,577 Posts
Wald Jager said:
I googled and came up with a blobtargets.net. According to them the .com is an offshoot company
i actually don't remember which site i ordered from. one is the original. i just tried to get the guy a link. according to folks on arceherytalk they are both pretty identical. i think i read at one time they were friends and one started his own site.

·
Super Moderator
12,827 Posts
Gotcha...I broadhead tune...after that I shoot a few each session to make sure everything is still right..

I think I will order one of the smaller ones for now..once I get a house goto the bigger one for a more permanent setup..

Being outside doesn't hurt it?? The 18-1 didn't take elements well..I noticed the foam "drying out" just from being under the deck..

·
Banned
2,577 Posts
hasn't hurt mine yet after more than 2 years. it literally just comes formed inside of the box it ships in. you just have to peel open the cardboard and then you start shooting. i painted on some white circles.

·
Super Moderator
12,827 Posts
Thanx for the info!! If/when I get the big one I could always build a small "shelter" for it with half a sheet of tin and a few old 2x4s or something and when I'm not shooting throw a tarp over the shelter to keep the elements and sunlight off of it..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts