The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking at getting new broadheads, because I shot a buck and when I recovered the buck the broadheads tip was bent flat , and I'm being serious I've never seen that before , I was using Magnus snuffer ss , so if anyone could recommend a new broadhead that would be great.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I have never in my entire life heard of a rhothar snuffer having its tip bent flat. Not without a direct impact with a rock...or the side of a tank. I have some that I have taken multiple deer with the same heads. That said, if you're dead set on not using them, the G5 Montech is a fantastic head.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll look at g5 montech but I know the broadhead did not hit a rock because the bolt did not pass threw the deer it was inside it the whole time.

·
Registered
19,536 Posts
When you say you are interested in a non replaceable blade broadhead, that really limits your choices. I have shot the G5 Montec out of several crossbows and it shot fine for me. Have not hunted with it yet though. A buddy of mine swears by Magnus heads as well out of crossbows.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Maybe reach out to Magnus?

Sounds like maybe one of the welds was not there, or a bad bead.

Might have been a defect, or bad batch? Check for the welds in the nose of the bad one.

·
Registered
519 Posts
G5 Montecs been using them for several years.
They shoot great and are durable.
1 piece no worries...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts