The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im still debating on a broadhead to use next month. my bow shoots a28 inch 400 grain including tip arrow at 267 average fps. shot all summer long and bow is tuned in and on the money. ive had problems in the past with broadheads planing and always gave in to a mechanical. while they work fine i would rather go with a cut on contact . started shooting 3 months earlier to hopefully get everything tuned in. my question is whats a good accurate and sharp broadhead that will hndle turkey deer and bear is the opertunity arrives?

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Probably best for you is the Slick Trick $27 or the Muzzy $24 at Walmart(harder to tune).

If you are looking for something with a mechanical sized opening, look into the Phat Head SOB. This is the first year of the Swing open blade, but they shoot excellent, and will run you $45

Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
i like the montec g5 or muzzy 4 blade both in 100 grain. i have had good flight with both..i will send ya a couple 2 try if ya want..pm me you add. and i will ship em 2 ya...

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Muzzy 3 blade 100 gr. Muzzy is sending me 3 packs for an even swap on the MX3s that did not shoot well out of my Alphamax 32.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Ironically I'm right there with Big Cow Down. I fell in love with the Muzzy 4 blades years ago, fiddled with some other stuff, including mechanicals, went back to the Muzzy, and then tried the G5 Montechs. I've been shooting the Montechs for 2 years now and I love them. Most consistant flying broadhead I've found. Easy to tune. And, in my exerience, when I switch from field tips to broadheads (usually about 2-3 weeks before the season) I have hardly any changes to make at all. Very similar patterns.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Any of the Slick Tricks and I liked the Shuttle T-Lock. I've only shot these at targets and played with tuning my bow with them. Form that point the flew well, penetrated deep, and easily tune to my setup. Price is good for a quality broadhead. I shot a bunch this year because i was questioning what i wanted to use. so i borrowed, bought, and shot a bunch. Using Rage with Slick Trick Grizzlies, both tuned exactly the same and hit the same with my sights.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
spur said:
Probably best for you is the Slick Trick $27 or the Muzzy $24 at Walmart(harder to tune).

If you are looking for something with a mechanical sized opening, look into the Phat Head SOB. This is the first year of the Swing open blade, but they shoot excellent, and will run you $45

Good Luck.
Your bow is either tuned or not. Some broadheads will hide tuning flaws (which is a bad idea, IMO), but if the bow is tuned correctly, it will shoot the proper arrow/broadhead combination correctly.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well thanks for all your opinions i think im gonna go with a set of muzzys. decent price for 6 and the fact that i can just buy replacment blades fairly cheap

1 - 16 of 16 Posts