The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to cabela's and picked up a block(the shape, not the brand)crossbow target and really didn't notice till i got home--The target says Broadheads only. No big deal, I'll use broadheads but does anyone know why you couldn't shoot fieldpoints into a broadhead only target and what would happen if you did?? I figure I'd try to get a reply before I find out for myself

·
Registered
386 Posts
TB02 I had a broadhead only target for my crossbow and shot fieldpoints at it fine. They don't go as deep. The person who helped me get my crossbow from 10Point actually told me to get the Rhinehart (sp?) broadhead target to practice with. I'm sure over time of thumping bolts into it the bolts might weaken or bend, but to get it sited in and to get some practice before the season you should be fine. Good luck!

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Well, I had a yellowjacket broadhead target made by morrel. I can tell you why you don't want to shoot field tips into it. You'll have to chain the target to a tree, and wrap another chain around the arrow and tie it to your truck to pull it out. Shoot a broadhead into it, and they come out super easy. It's almost as if the arrow with the field tip heats the foam/rubber the target is made out of and it swells, gripping the arrow like a vise. It's rediculous. Now, if it's a layered target(like a block) they should pull out easy no matter what kind of tip you shoot into it.

·
Registered
12,252 Posts
Rub a little soap (bar soap) on the end of the arrow near the point. It will make them easy to pull.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts