The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious as to what everyone is using for boradheads this year. im not big into expandables so im looking for input on what is the best stationary broadheads out there. i have used the wasps for the past few years but need to buy new ones this year and was looking at the carbon express F-15s. anyone out there use them before or know of anyone who has and have any input?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I like the look of the f15 but have not shot them. I will be shooting g5 monetecs this year.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
CX is giving away free F-15's right now. Well almost free they are charging you shipping ($4.95) and most of the reports on them are they are total junk. Blades come dull, don't sharpen well, break easy, and the mechanical version has just as many negative reports. Unfortunately CX is owned by Eastman outdoors which make cheap archery products, the F-15 is from Eastman but marketed under the CX name so they can charge $40 a pack.

I shot Muzzy 3 blade and Mx-3's last year and will probably do the same this year.

·
Registered
8,130 Posts
Muzzy 4-blade 90gr
.....Son shoots the same

·
Registered
221 Posts
I waffle between the muzzy 4 blade 90 and muzzy 4 blade 125. I do think the 125 stabilizes my arrows a bit better however.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Used to shoot muzzy, switched to Shuttle T Loc and won't go back. Both good broadheads though.

·
Registered
984 Posts
G5 Montecs or strikers! Both great broadheads and do a dandy job on a deer. Only downside to the strikers are the blades.. but you can also replace them which make them nice of they chip. Havent had a problem with either.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Also have rage 3 blades that i got for turkey this year.. may break them out a time or two but have all the confidence i need in the G5's

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
I'm going to knock off a couple of doe in the early season with 100 gr. Muzzys, then switch to Slick Tricks when regular season starts.

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
the ones that shoots best with your setup and the ones you like the best is the one you should use.
I like the grimreaper hades 100grn.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Magnus Stingers and Slick Tricks are the only ones allowed in my quiver

1 - 20 of 40 Posts