The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Tornado F4 shoots field tips like darts! Broadheads on the other hand not. Just wanted to see what everyone likes here. Since I need 100 grain due to the bolts I got. Wandering has anyone tried using a plain old regular Muzzy not designed for crossbows?

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
I tried Muzzy's and they didn't shoot well for me. I am using Swhackers, and I like them. Lots of guys use NAP spitfires as well.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shot the 100 grain Muzzys this afternoon. They shot three inches low but dead center. Moved the sight and they just kept on hitting the center at 40 yards. Ill stick with what works! As my father would say. The Red Hot 100 grain broadheads were horrible. Never seen a broadhead plane off as bad as them!

Still. I want to know what all you archers are shooting.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Been using Ramcat 125grs for the last 3 seasons. Have shot 7 deer so far with them and have excellent bloodtrails and short recoveries. Very accurate out of my parker thunderhawk and my pse compound. Prior to these I used the Rage Crossbow heads in my barnett xbow also with excellent results

·
Registered
19,666 Posts
G5 Strikers, Ramcats, Swhackers, Spitfires have all been good to me out of crossbows.

·
Registered
218 Posts
100 grain NAP Killzone Crossbow. Shoots along with the field tips and deer don't go out of sight when placed behind the shoulder. 2" cut going in, and 2" going out

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
browny7492 said:
I use slick tricks.
2nd on the slick tricks.. But sacrifice 1 BH to dial in and leave the FT on the bench they almost never hit the same spot.. just sight in with the BH of your choice , save it and use the new ones to hunt with.

·
Registered
339 Posts
My Dad my brother my son and myself all shoot 100 grn muzzies,we all dialed our Bows in for the broadheads and they are dead on.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
I just started xbow so my experience is very limited. The place that set me up sold me Toxic 100 grain broadheads. I shot them at 20,30 and 40 yards and they shot the same POA as field tips. I don't know how they kill, but they flew good out of my weapon.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
The poster that said sacrifice one broadhead as a sight in tip is right on. Although many broadheads claim to shoot to the same POI as field tips, you just can never be sure. Out of my xbow The Ramcats I use hit identical left/right to field points but 1-2" low but once I dial then in at 20yds they hit right on at 30 and 40 using the lines in the scope reticle. I just simply bought 2 packs of heads, picked one to use to sight in and marked it with a sharpie so I know which one it is.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
huntinlanscaper said:
The poster that said sacrifice one broadhead as a sight in tip is right on. Although many broadheads claim to shoot to the same POI as field tips, you just can never be sure. Out of my xbow The Ramcats I use hit identical left/right to field points but 1-2" low but once I dial then in at 20yds they hit right on at 30 and 40 using the lines in the scope reticle. I just simply bought 2 packs of heads, picked one to use to sight in and marked it with a sharpie so I know which one it is.
Pretty much did the exact same thing with my compound. Seen a difference in impact, moved my sight for the broad heads. Wasn't a big move either. I was thinking that since I have XBow now I need a broad head for it. My fathers Xbow, he uses the regular 125 grain Muzzy. After I shot my 100 grain ones, I am very happy with the results. Thanks for all the reponses!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts