The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of broad heads are you using this year? I am going to be using Zwickey delta 2 blade 170grn, I tried shooting woodsmans and snuffers but they make noise when I shoot them

·
Registered
385 Posts
Think I have tried them all. My biggest problem is getting them as sharp as I would like. Went back to 125 grain Snuffers three years ago because I can get a very good edge on them in just a couple minutes using a mill file and ceramic stone. I have never noticed any noise and the last two deer I shot didn't flinch until the arrow hit. Neither went more than 30 yards before they were down.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I'm going to try 125 gr. Steel Force this year. I wanted a cut-on-contact and decided to try this one. I've shot them in practice and they fly well from my bow.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I'll be using Woodsmans this year. Haven't bloodied one yet, but they fly well and I haven't noticed any noise issues when shot alongside my 2-blade Zwickeys.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
trapperzeke said:
I'll be using Woodsmans this year. Haven't bloodied one yet, but they fly well and I haven't noticed any noise issues when shot alongside my 2-blade Zwickeys.
What Zeke said. I've seen what they do to a deer and man is it impressive. I'm hoping to get the chance to finally stick a deer with one.

·
Banned
2,639 Posts
i been hearing good things about the woodsmans "ELITE" anyone else hear anything....although i will not be hunting this year....i wanted to give them a try with the recurve.....

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
The Bear Razorhead is a good one. I have killed 4 deer with the 125 grain head......1 with a 51# recurve and 3 with a 54# Black Hawk compound.

This was 20+ years ago, but I had complete pass throughs every time and never damaged a head, except for having to replace the little bleeder blades.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I've used Woodsman in the past and will probably be using them again this year. However I've been thinking about using 125 grn Muzzy Phantoms. The Woodsman's do leave one heck of a blood trail.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I've used both woodsmans and razorcaps - 175gr. Nice bloodtrail with each.

·
Registered
413 Posts
magnus two blade....buzzcut or regular, they fly as true as field points, and the lifetime guarantee can't be beat. i use the buzzcut, i'll never put anything else on one of my bows.

·
Registered
3 Posts
howdy, i just got started out with my recurve. just wondeing what broadhead would have the most bang for the buck.

(using cedar arrows so preferably glue ons)

·
Registered
872 Posts
Can't go wrong with Woodsmans or Magnus

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I have used both snuffers and magnus and have been pleased with both. Magnus with bleeder bladed have been the ticket for me.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts