The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Think I have tried them all. My biggest problem is getting them as sharp as I would like. Went back to 125 grain Snuffers three years ago because I can get a very good edge on them in just a couple minutes using a mill file and ceramic stone. I have never noticed any noise and the last two deer I shot didn't flinch until the arrow hit. Neither went more than 30 yards before they were down.

·
Registered
12,087 Posts
trapperzeke said:
I'll be using Woodsmans this year. Haven't bloodied one yet, but they fly well and I haven't noticed any noise issues when shot alongside my 2-blade Zwickeys.
What Zeke said. I've seen what they do to a deer and man is it impressive. I'm hoping to get the chance to finally stick a deer with one.

·
Registered
625 Posts
The Bear Razorhead is a good one. I have killed 4 deer with the 125 grain head......1 with a 51# recurve and 3 with a 54# Black Hawk compound.

This was 20+ years ago, but I had complete pass throughs every time and never damaged a head, except for having to replace the little bleeder blades.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.