The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone using Grim Reaper expandable heads with their crossbow? Anyone have any other recommendations?

·
Registered
20,021 Posts
If you are stuck on expandables, the Wasp JackHammer and NAP Spitfire have many fans. Arrowhead is testing the new G5 T3 expandable now. I prefer fixed blade broadheads and a good starting point would be Slick Tricks, Griz Tricks and G5 Strikers.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Tested Grim Reapers in a Excalibur Vortex last summer. I'll never use them. When the blades deploy, they hit about 3 feet high at 30 yards. When they don't deploy, they are spot on.
Results of the G5 T3 testing will be in soon. I will say that this one looks promising.

·
Registered
20,021 Posts
I use 100 grains but my arrows have brass inserts. If your arrows have the standard aluminum inserts, consider moving up to 125 to increase the weight forward.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
These broadheads threads are getting ridiculous. I think it's about time for a broadhead sticky thread. It's like asking a man what his favorite food is. You'll get a lot of different answers but all of them are good and will please you in the end. With that being said, I HIGHLY recommend the Wasp SST Boss 100 grain.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I'd rather reply to this question a hundred times, rather than see somebody spend $30 on broadheads that won't work in a crossbow. As we all learn more about crossbows and the manufacturers respond to it, the better the products will get.

·
Registered
20,021 Posts
Phase47 said:
I HIGHLY recommend the Wasp SST Boss 100 grain.
Yes, Wasp gets overlooked. The SST killed my first crossbow buck and they did fly very well.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
The WASP broadhead company recently changed ownership. The new owners just finished production on their first CROSSBOW broadhead. Should be available in a few weeks. Hopefully, they'll show up on another website soon.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
TBrom said:
The WASP broadhead company recently changed ownership. The new owners just finished production on their first CROSSBOW broadhead. Should be available in a few weeks. Hopefully, they'll show up on another website soon.
Uh oh, I really hope they keep selling their original line of broadheads. YIKES!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts