The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have three sons, ages 8 through 14. I was completely thrilled to have them ask me to shoot muzzle loaders as part of our Independence Day celebration. The oldest shot our TC Seneca 45 percussion, the next shot the TC Renegade 50 flintlock, the youngest shot a Traditions Deerhunter 32 percussion and I shot my Great Plains Rifle 50. What a blast, pardon the pun. My wife said it was the highlight of their holiday weekend. We shot more rounds that afternoon than I think I typically shoot in one year and it continued with just powder (no balls) until well after dark, just to see the flames.

They can't wait until hunting season now.

·
Premium Member
4,358 Posts
That is a wonderful post!

Best wishes in your continued enjoyment of shooting black powder as a family tradition! Keep us up-dated concerning hunting season success stories!

·
Registered
12,046 Posts
Now the kids should be introduced to the fun of goin to a weekend rendezvous. Camping the old way, cookin on a fire, throwing a hawk and telling tales around the camp fire. Makin friends and learning to trade. Kids love it. Brought 4 up going to such.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The boys thoroughly enjoy the various encampents and reenactments ie. French and Indian War, Revolutionary War and Civil War. I have wanted to get them to a rendezvous, at some point I'll have to work that out.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Most of the Rhondevouse`s make it a point to take care of the Kids. They usually have Youth targets and a Junior shooter category. Take `em while they are young and enjoy....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts