The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you guys break up your outline while in a treestand? Ever use that new Vertigo camo? Do you make your own Vertigo Camo?

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Double Lung 20 said:
How do you guys break up your outline while in a treestand? Ever use that new Vertigo camo? Do you make your own Vertigo Camo?
I pick a tree with good cover. If it does not have good cover, I find another tree. If cant find another tree I go up. Once you are above 18-20' you can wear pink pajamas and the deer wont notice.

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
I wear camo and climb till i have concealment...could be 12ft..could be 25ft...

I never liked climbing high....but i hunted a few spots this year where i had to go well above 20ft to get any type of concealment...what i found out was i was above the deer and turkeys vision...i could get away with a lot more...finally killed a turkey with a bow...try every year but they always pick me off right away...this year i had turkeys under me all the time..

I had deer, turkeys, and coyotes come in numerous times while i was messing around..getting a drink, stretching, on the phone etc...

Gotta pick your shots differently from high up..

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Not Vertigo, but I use the various Predator patterns a bunch for in the stand and on the ground. Rather than making you look like a certain something,it breaks you up. You gotta look at it from the deer's point of view. Bark and leaf camo looks like a big, human-shaped blob of bark and leaves in a tree from the ground.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I took the plunge and bought some Vertigo. I think it's the best camo pattern that I have owned. Deer seem to look right through you. The only drawback is the price of it. I believe Scent Loc is the only maker. If cost isn't a problem, I would recomend it.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I've gone almost exclusively to Predator fall gray camo because of the open pattern and set up in a cluster 2-4 of bigger trees that are close enough together to help with concealment.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Agree with the guys wearing Predator camo. Go for the more open type camo designs. I personally wear the Cabela's Outfitter Brown. I once had about 15 doe walk right in front of my stand & several of them looked up at me, studied me & then kept moving on. At least until I shot! Then it was a stampede!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts