The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
32,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<span style="font-size: 14pt">Boston Marathon Rocked by Explosion </span>

Reports say dozens are injured after two blasts detonated at the race finish line.

Story is still developing ...

<span style="font-size: 14pt">Two explosions leave dozens injured at Boston Marathon finish line</span>
Dozens have been injured and the Boston Marathon headquarters is on lockdown following two explosions at the race's finish line on Monday.

More from the Associated Press below:

Bloody spectators were being carried Monday to the medical tent that had been set up to care for fatigued runners. Police wove through competitors as they ran back toward the course.

"There are a lot of people down," said one man, whose bib No. 17528 identified him as Frank Deruyter of North Carolina. He was not injured, but marathon workers were carrying one woman, who did not appear to be a runner, to the medical area as blood gushed from her leg. A Boston police officer was wheeled from the course with a leg injury that was bleeding.

About three hours after the winners crossed the line, there was a loud explosion on the north side of Boylston Street, just before the photo bridge that marks the finish line. Another explosion could be heard a few seconds later.

Runner Laura McLean of Toronto said she heard two explosions outside the medical tent.

"There are people who are really, really bloody," McLean said. "They were pulling them into the medical tent."

Cherie Falgoust was waiting for her husband, who was running the race.

''I was expecting my husband any minute," she said. "I don't know what this building is ... it just blew. Just a big bomb, a loud boom, and then glass everywhere. Something hit my head. I don't know what it was. I just ducked."

http://aol.sportingnews.com/sport/story/...26pLid%3D298640

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Hard to find anything on it yet. It is still in that phase where everyone tries to speculate and make themselves sound like they know what the heck they are talking about.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
At what point do we as a nation realize we don't need gun control..........we need stupid control !! The people responsible should be shot on the finish line, with TV and the public watching !!

Prayers to those affected and their family's.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
News just minutes after it happened showed numerous people in wheelchairs and litters with traumatic amputations. Lower limbs gone, bone exposed. Ball Bearings found in people's bookbags and pockets.

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
Device believed to be placed in a garbage can. Now talk of banning garbage cans for major public events...

Better ban porta johns too. And backpacks, and purses, and paper machines, and vehicles, etc, etc, etc.

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
Timeout fellas.

Let's not be like the Left and use this event to stage our views.

May God be with anyone touched by this tragedy.

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
I agree GIE, pray for the victims and their families.

HOWEVER, the left is already at it.

ABC's Brian Ross is trying to figure out a Tea Party connection and Wolf Blitzer is bringing up the fact that this was Patriot's Day in Mass. and that could be a motive for this...

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Investigators have a suspect — a Saudi Arabian national — in the horrific Boston Marathon bombings, The Post has learned.

Law enforcement sources said the 20-year-old suspect was under guard at an undisclosed Boston hospital.

Fox News reported that the suspect suffered severe burns.

It was not immediately clear why the man was hospitalized and whether he was injured in the attack or in his apprehension.

The man was caught less than two hours after the 2:50 p.m. bombing on the finish line of the race, in the heart of Boston.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/authorities_under_suspect_guard_y2m8cJO29uC2PDGIjYBalO

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
A bunch of us were in the chow hall eating and watching the news coverage when the comment came up that it was amazing how many runners kept running and finished the race well after the incident. I wonder how many of them were so zoned in on running that they didnt even realize what happened at first?

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
According to BPD Chief: No suspect in custody or being guarded.

Mayor was hospitalized with a broken leg, my guess is he had a pretty substantial security detail and someone jumped to conclusions. Of course me saying that is jumping to a conclusion as well.....

·
Banned
22,296 Posts
No suspect has been arrested in relation to the Boston Marathon bombings today which killed several and wounded dozens, despite reports to the contrary by the media at large and most egregriously, the New York Post.

Previously today, the Post reported that a "Saudi national" was in police custody after being injured by the explosion. Those reports appear to be inaccurate.
Boston Marathon Suspect At Large: No Suspect in Custody

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
I think we need to be able to separate good from evil verses someone who "looks" Bostonian (whatever that means) and someone who was born elsewhere. A person's race doesn't indicate the color of their heart. There are "bad" groups centered around every race, ethnicity, and religion.

Probably a lot of people who come from suppressed countries who want to get away from there. Just like my own grandparents did in the early 1900's. For the record, they were Hungarian and I probably look like Billy Ray, not Ahmed Abu Adu. I could be good or evil, my skin isn't a sure-fire clue either way. If that is the only basis to decide, you've already lost. Very easy to hide in plain sight when you look exactly like the natives.

Go watch the movie Zero-Dark-Thirty. Sure, it's a drama, but it shows there were people inside Pakistan who helped the USA. And there were those who did not. The harder part is figuring out who is who.

That being said, once we get to the bottom of this, time to start knocking some serious noggin. Domestic terrorist or foreign one. It's not pretty, it's not the way we'd like to handle it, but sometimes, you just gotta handle it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.