The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
HPA Admin Approved Vendor
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my phone rang yesterday morning around 0700 I was going to ignore it...Glad I didnt!
My neighbor was calling to tell me there was a large flock of turkeys in his field. Long story short, using my truck as a blind I got 300 photos before they moved on.
Ya just never know when a chance will come.

Griz

Before anyone asks yes there is a reason this photo was cropped as it was.

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
awesome pics. what was the reason for cropping, now you got me curious!!

·
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello John, the reason that photo is cropped with so much more space on the one side is to allow a magazine editor room for the magazines header and list of articles ect. in that copy.
The more time a photographer can save the Editors the more favorable they look on your presentation when it's time to buy photos.
Thanks for the comments all, glad you like the photos. springfreak I'm not sure how to answer your question other than to say when I edit certain photos I try hard to edit them in a manner that I feel best illustrates to my eye what would look good on a magazine cover or article header.

Griz

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Griz, The detail in those photo's jump out at you. It feels like I am right next to them. Not sure what lens you used and how far away you were but the clearity and quality of the photo's are outstanding. I do like turkey pictures alot.

·
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
rsmithpa, thanks it's good to hear positive feedback from the good folks here. Honestly I post some here for a couple of reasons. It allows me to share what I love doing and also helps me to determine through comments what I think will or will not sell at the Arts and Craft shows I set up at.
The photos were shot with L Series Canon IS lenses 100-400 and 70-200 at distances varying from 20 yds to 70 yds. I shot roughly 300 photos during that session and managed to get 180 after editing I thought were worth keeping.

Thanks for your input I do appreciate it.

Griz

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
Hey, that's cool! Hope it makes it in to the magazine!!

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
SWEEEET!!! Makes me have a longing for May!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts