The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I decided to brave the cold last night. I figured they may be hungry and I was right, the critters were moving. I hunted a piece of property by Mars last night that I called in a coyote and a fox without being able to get a shot off last week. The proiperty owner only wants shotgun hunting on his property since it is mostly the top of a hill that runs a long way but has houses all along the bottom on both sides. First 2 sets nothing but cold. The 3rd set of the night I'm calling in the woods at an intersection of 2 trails. Hang the caller in a tree start with 5 minutes of baby cottontail, wait then 5 minutes of angry jack. I wait then hit the Steeltown grey 3 minutes later I have eyes coming up the downwind trail. Now remember I'm using a shotgun. He comes to about 70 yards and hangs up I'm lip squeeking and bulb squeeking like crazy along with the Steeltown grey. He winds me and is gone. I head about 200 yards away on the other side of the hill set up on a 4 way intersection of trails and start the same sequence about 6 minutes into the Steeltown grey this guy pops out on the downwind trail about 30 yards away. he got a face full of Hevi shot dead coyote. DRT Heading out again tonight then up north tomorrow for a cat...Rick
[img:left]

·
Registered
927 Posts
Nice, they are deffinitly moving in this cold. I missed one last night, try agian tonite.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Very Nice. I am heading out tonight after a little snow fall hopefully. I will have to check and see how the wind is going to be. Very nice Fox. Keep up the good work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts