After watching the weather last weekend, Wednesday afternoon looked very wet. So I left Tuesday after work and made it to the farm by 7pm. Had calibrated the drill the weekend before ( could only get it down to 11lbs/ac. with the gears ) so I taped off 2 openings with and got it down to 8lbs. I had also spread 2200lbs of 50-50-50 last weekend so I was ready to go. Started the first plot (.80 ac. ) around 7:50 and finished around 8:45. Started the next morning as soon as it was light enough to see the drill rows and finished 7.5 ac. in 7 hrs. I no sooner parked the tractor that it started raining, and rained steady for the next 3.5 hrs. I was very happy with the way the drill performed, I'm getting it figured out.( I rocked the drill back with the top link and was drilling between 0 and 1/4 in. thanks Griz) started with the additional cutters thinking it would help make the drill rows show up better which it did, but with the fields still holding a lot of moisture they got packed with dirt and rye residue.After 2 passes I removed them and threw them in the bucket and finished without them. I figured that the plots I drilled 8hrs doing it the way I used to do would have taken me 3-4 days and untold amount of hard labor.
2.1 MB Views: 49
2.2 MB Views: 52