The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm lookin to buy my 2 labs the custom braided banded collars! and i had some guys site, but of course it got lost now i cant find them! And i thought the company was in pa? the only ones i could find were out in Iowa and they were 50 each! any help is appreciated ! I want bright colors for our one, and camo and another color for the other!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i did see both of them sites actually, but the ones i orignally seen had all kinds of colors, them guys only have a select few

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
labandbirdman your dogs the motivation! they look bad a$$! my hunting dog defintely needs one of them !

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Pawebfoot, a member here, makes ones that are really nice and they're not 50 bucks. Once my horse quits growing, I have one to match my handlers leash, strap and lanyard coming. If you want his #, PM me.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
I just meant guys the making them...wish I would a thought to do that....I'm just jealous that I didn't, hahaha. Post pics of your pups when you get the collars. Just be ready for the negative comments you'll receive for #1 your dog wearing a collar, and #2 there being bands on it. I'm seriously.

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
LOL

I'll wait for the pictures before helping out the owner.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
There seems to be a group of folks that think its dangerous since it could get caught on something in a field such as a corn stalk, pebble, air, or other dangerous obstruction. Hunting flooded timber or a thick slough, maybe no collar, but in a field, bay, or ocean? Come on man...

·
Registered
618 Posts
Ha go on refuge forums to the gun dog forum and get the opinion from those guys. I'm sure you'll get some helpful insight.

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
I had the guy from SportsmansCollars make a collar and matching leash for Syrus for every day wear. It's blue and black, has the plastic band with his name on it and I got custom aluminum bands made with my contact info, and there's 6 of them on it.

I bought an extra plastic band with Syrus inscribed and made my own collar with OD Green 550 cord for hunting. Has the name band and several of the aluminum ones with my contact info and a plastic clip as opposed to the metal one.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Those are nice looking collars. My dogs don't wear any because they are not allowed to have collars during AKC competitions so I don't want to train them with the very type of restraint that they will not be allowed to wear. I wouldn't knock anyone that used a collar on their dog though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts