The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,388 Posts
<span style="font-weight: bold"> I didn't think, the Wells report had enough clear evidence to make it stick...

I'm sure, a deep sigh of relief was heard from PATS FANS....</span>

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
In other news, James Harrison just received a call from Goodell about a special week 1 mission. 4 game suspension, pffft, how bout urinating blood for 4 weeks. #commishalwayswins

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
So the NFL has no authority to penalize players as they see fit?

Brady destroys the phone which had the evidence, and gets off Scott Free!

Bullcrap!

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
James Harrison is a One-Man Concussion Machine....I hope he meets Brady Head-On!!

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
The report alleging air being let out was fundamentally flawed as to the measurements and that was actual evidence presented in court. At no point did the NFL present any evidence that Brady deflated any footballs, nor was he actually aware of any one doing so or complicit in the same, nor, in fact, that the balls were actually deflated (the report was fundamentally, factually, and scientifically flawed on that basis, across the board). With no evidence of deflation or of Brady's involvement, penalizing Brady would be akin to NASCAR penalizing Dale, Jr., for an allegation without scientific or actual proof that someone on his team may have altered tire pressure before a race without anything tying him to it or even knowing about it, and absent any actual evidence of the same.

As for the destruction of the phone, Brady had every record of his phone accounts - all of them - turned over directly from the service provider. Those records are far more comprehensive than anything on a phone, since information on a phone can be deleted or altered; the same is not the case from the service provider records.

The judge was also very clear in stating that at no time did the NFL inform Brady or the Union that Brady was subject to any penalty for destroying the phone (even after turning over the phone records which he was not asked nor obligated to do), nor did they inform him that he was subject to any penalty for allegedly (and without proof) possibly knowing that someone else may have done anything with the inflation levels of the footballs. Beyond that, at no point did the NFL disclose that the penalty - beyond what is within the NFL rules - would be akin to a player being found to have violated the league's substance abuse policy.

The court ruling essentially says that: 1) the NFL needs actual proof and not mere allegations; 2) the NFL has to inform players of the penalties they are facing and for what they might be facing penalties for; and, 3) the NFL has to actually follow it's own rules when penalizing players.

Seems rather straight forward.

The NFL lost this because of the arrogance of Goodall, no one man should be judge, jury and executioner.

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
Ok then, I want to hear an explanation on why James Harrison was fined over 100,000 and suspended for making what was, at the time, a legal tackle?

Also, why was Roethlisberger suspended 4 games on mere allegations of rape?

If the NFL has no right to suspend players on simply allegations, or for making LEGAL tackles that the NFL deems "too vicious", then why is Brady's case any different?

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I think the difference is Brady took it into a real court room with a real judge, and Harrison & Ben did not.

·
Registered
19,611 Posts
Bet Brady meets up tonight with Jonathan Dwyer, Greg Hardy, Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson at Union Oyster House and hoist a couple cold ones to the ineptness of Goodell and the NFL

·
Registered
19,611 Posts
NFL is appealing the ruling. Goodall couldn't keep Brady out for 4 games but I'm sure there are a lot of linebackers wanting to put him out for the season.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
TraskOutdoors said:
Ok then, I want to hear an explanation on why James Harrison was fined over 100,000 and suspended for making what was, at the time, a legal tackle?

Also, why was Roethlisberger suspended 4 games on mere allegations of rape?

If the NFL has no right to suspend players on simply allegations, or for making LEGAL tackles that the NFL deems "too vicious", then why is Brady's case any different?
i think the Steelers themselves made sure Ben was suspended.

·
Registered
12,161 Posts
I have followed this issue more than I should have and studied what I believe are all the comments from the HPA Sports Oversight Bureau (AKA H - SOB) and have reached to following conclusion. The NFL and professional football should be regulated by the US Government; specifically the Internal Revenue Service. After all the IRS has just about as much money as does the NFL and has the added responsibility of being the designated agency to oversee OBAMACARE. The best person to lead this sub-agency would be Hillary Clinton. Problem solved.

·
Registered
19,611 Posts
If it's not affecting Goodell pay check I'm sure he won't lose any sleep over it.

·
4,228 Posts
I think it is a testament to just how pathetic the court systems in this country are. The judge should have thrown out the case the minute it came across his desk.

Evidence or no evidence that FACT is the NFLPA AGREED to the current CBA allowing the Commissioner to be the final say in disciplinary action.

I'm not saying that was the greatest idea but they agreed to it none the less.

·
Registered
19,611 Posts
Money and egos trump logic.
Wonder if now the Pats will appeal the loss of a 2 draft picks and the 1M fine?

·
Registered
9,479 Posts
coyotejohn said:
I think the difference is Brady took it into a real court room with a real judge, and Harrison & Ben did not.
You are right on your posts yotejohn.People arguing about proven penalties to this no evidence case is hogwash.Steeler fans have always been blind.Look at the people who support that homely Worthlessberger and we all know he is a rapist.His day will come because that leopard can,t change his spots and he will commit again if he isn,t already.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts