The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
39,684 Posts
So, Bradford wants a trade after all. He's not showing up at the OTA's. I guess his feelings are hurt.

I'm thinking like this, if somebody is paying me 35 million dollars for two years worth of work, I don't care if they draft the next Joe Montana. I'll play, take my money and if they don't want me in two years sign another deal, with another team, for a lot more money than if I had to work at a regular job.

I can hear Lurie now, "Howie, this is another fine mess you've gotten us into."

Howie better hit a Grand Slam with the number two pick.

·
Registered
19,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree with you, even if the Eagles trade Bradford, which they won't, he has enough guaranteed money I would dress up in Swoops costume if that is what Mr Laurie asked me to do.

I can see where he might be upset they didnt use that #1 to pic some wide-body lineman to keep him off his back but they never promised him that, but he did take the cash.
Bradford will be at the mandatory sessions and will showcase his talents during the 2016/17 season to try and impress his next employer.

·
Banned
159 Posts
You can say that but remember professional athletes have huge egos. Like or not, they all are ultra sensitive when their abilities or job is threatened and they lash out. Until you walk in those shoes you don't know how you would act. I do agree though, I would relish the opportunity to be unhappy for a little while and make millions while doing it.

·
Registered
39,684 Posts
You're wrong about that. I know exactly how I would act. I would take the money, play my best for two years, then offer my services to the highest bidder.

See ya, Howie.

·
Registered
12,166 Posts
Birch812 said:
I agree with you, even if the Eagles trade Bradford, which they won't, he has enough guaranteed money I would dress up in Swoops costume if that is what Mr Laurie asked me to do.

I can see where he might be upset they didnt use that #1 to pic some wide-body lineman to keep him off his back but they never promised him that, but he did take the cash.
Bradford will be at the mandatory sessions and will showcase his talents during the 2016/17 season to try and impress his next employer.

I get your point Birch but what kind of season do you think we are going to get out of a guy who is pouting? Ego or not, he may be enough of a knucklehead to chain himself to the main mast and then scuttle the ship. With his limited track record showing not much in the positive column I think this childish move of his speaks volumes as to how he perceives himself; a legend in his own mind appears to fit.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
What a whiner.

I don't see Philly starting Wentz anytime soon, which means Sam would make his money, and have a chance to "show his skills"
for the payday in two years...or next year if Wentz pans out. Instead it is
, they are bringing in a top draft pick after giving me a bonus, AND guaranteed money. They hurt my feelings and invaded my safe space.

Trade him to Cleveland. He will then have the great opportunity of seeing RG-one-third every day, AND possibly have to compete with him to start! Boy, wouldn't that bust his bubble!

·
6,669 Posts
I doubt Howie can get us half the trade value for Bradford that the Eagles paid to get him (even though he probably performed with us better than expected). Way to go Lurie!

·
Registered
39,684 Posts
Comcast SportsNet is reporting the Denver Broncos contacted the Eagles about a trade for Sam Bradford. According to CSN the asking price was too high.

·
Registered
16,456 Posts
It's hard for me to believe that there is any interest in Sam Friggin Bradford...... starting with the Eagle's front office with the contract they gave him, and strapped themselves with. BONEHEADS. I hope yinz don't turn into "Cleveland Lite".

·
Registered
12,166 Posts
Fleroo said:
It's hard for me to believe that there is any interest in Sam Friggin Bradford...... starting with the Eagle's front office with the contract they gave him, and strapped themselves with. BONEHEADS. I hope yinz don't turn into "Cleveland Lite".
"Cleveland Lite", now just a dog-gone minute now. That is pretty near hateful talk and I question your First Amendment right to say so, with a "yinz" yet. Just kidding

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
He should stop yapping. He's going to be hurt by the third game anyhow.

·
Registered
19,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am disappointed in the way Bradford is pouting. Nothing has changed in the way his contract was structured, he already has half of his signing bonus in hand, the starting QB job is still his to lose, and even Ray Charles could see his contract was nothing more then a fancy worded one year contract with an option to begin with.

I think its time the teams start putting language into players contracts holding them accountable for their behavior. There should be monetary losses for players that do not do everything to come into the season 100% physically and emotionally ready to earn the money they agree to.
This includes attending "voluntary mini camps", especially when a new coach and system is coming into play

If Bradford doesn't see what a golden opportunity this is he isn't as smart as I thought he was.
Come in and have the season of your life, show the world how you can deal with inferior protection, a uncertain future and be a total team player so it would be hard for the Eagles to let you go, even if you stay as the back-up and other teams would offer him bigger money to sign with them.
His agent knows there wasn't going to be a better deal for him in free agency, and he still has not done anything that would show he is worth more now.

·
Registered
19,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Building on how he played in his last 7 games would be a start.
New coach, new scheme and new receivers Bradford should be getting in all the extra prep time he can, not while about the Eagles looking ahead of the next 2 seasons.

Before the injuries he incurred he was taken the 1st overall player when he was drafted, so the guy had something.
You can be the best QB to play the game and if you don't have the correct pieces in place the team is going to lose.
If Brady played for the Browns he would be selling pantyhose by now.

Philly has been screaming for a franchise QB for years, now they have one, possibly 2

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
Not sure about in other fans minds, but this guy is a crybaby, and that kind of attitude don't fit here. If you were some super star the fans loved, well you might have a complaint, but every one of us, no matter what we do, need replaced at some point, don't we?? He can take his ego and unimpressive play somewhere else for all I care. I'd rather have a crappy QB who gives a crap, instead of this CLOWN!!!! After this....he's done in this town.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
CRENoutdoors said:
I doubt Howie can get us half the trade value for Bradford that the Eagles paid to get him (even though he probably performed with us better than expected). Way to go Lurie!
That's not his fault....Chip made an absolutely idiotic deal.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts