The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my Bodys stock off my Encore tonight to find some disturbing rust under the buttstock. I had the thoughts of Creakoting the frame, but now I am seroiusly looking into it.

Anyone of you guys ever have this problem?

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
He knows the stock did not cause the problem.
He was asking if anyone has ever had the rust problem.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, has anyone had this problem with any stock?

After this weekend I shouldnt have the problem... or hopefully I dont have it anymore. The frame and trigger guard is stripped and sitting in wd-40. Tommrow I am going to strip the 25-06 brl and get that ready for a Saturday morning trip to the oven.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I called Thompson Center this afternoon to order new springs... figured if I had the gun apart, migh as well throw 2 new springs on her. I told the lady on the phone what I was doing and I wanted to buy springs while it was apart... to my suprise the lady on the phone said she have them in the mail Friday morning... NO CHARGE!!!!

Now thats what I call customer service!!!

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Frame parts and my 25-06 brl are in the oven curing right now. So far they look darn good, cant wait for them to be done and cooled off.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just took the 26" 223, 15" PH 30-06 and 15" (formerly SS) 22lr out of the oven.

Everything has been coated but the 209x50...

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
how 'bout some pics

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is from the first batch. Its a matte finish that is alost a perfect match to the Nikon scopes.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Buddy of mine redid a Savage 243 last winter with this coating and after a summer of shooting ground hogs it still looked like new. Hopefully mine will stand the test of time as well.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Its 4 weeks and waiting for new springs from TC. I called last Monday and the lady said springs were on back order and she did not know If mine were shipped before or after the back order.

I like TC's stuff, the free replacement w/o question is sweet... but how can you run a shipping department and not know if something went in the mail or not?!?!?!?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Put the frame back together minus the new springs. T/C is a good company but 4 weeks....

The only problem that I has was I forgot that you have to have a barrel locked in for the hammer to lock back. Four 'rebuilds' later and it hit me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts