The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After targeting a hunting show that has not donated money to any anti gun groups you guys should all be boycotting the below orgs and companies! According to the NRA they actively donate money to anti gun groups!

D not eat Ben and Jerries ice cream and never buy another Hallmark card. Give up your membership to the United Methodist Church. And dont forget never buy Levis jeans. Stick with Lee and Wrangler.

Orgs
American Civil Liberties Union
American Academy of Ambulatory Care Nursing
American Medical Association
American Association for the Surgery of Trauma
American Trauma Society
American Federation of Teachers
American Association of School Administrators
American Alliance for Rights and Responsibilities
American Medical Association
American Bar Association
American Counseling Association
American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
American Academy of Pediatrics
American Association for World Health
American Ethical Union
American Nurses Association
American Association of Neurological Surgeons
American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences
American Firearms Association
Children`s Defense Fund
Church of the Brethren
National Safe Kids Campaign
National Association of Police Organizations
National Coalition Against Domestic Violence
Police Foundation
United States Catholic Conference
United Methodist Church, General Board & Church Society
United Church of Christ, Office for Church in Society*
United States Conference of Mayors
War and Peace Foundation
Women Strike for Peace

Companies
American Multi Cinemas Entertainment, Inc.
Ben & Jerry`s Homemade, Inc.
Blue Cross Blue Shield
Hallmark Cards
Kansas City Chiefs
Kansas City Royals
Kenneth Cole
Levi Strauss & Co.
Sara Lee Corporation
Sprint Corp
St. Louis Rams
Stoneyfield Farms Yogurt
Time Warner Inc.

·
Super Moderator
29,164 Posts
Good list, thanks. Some I knew about, and already don't support. Others I didn't, and will not support.

But your first sentence needs some clarification. Is it your belief that the vendors that pulled out and those that supported a boycott are at fault for the show's cancellation?

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
BcozHunter said:
But your first sentence needs some clarification. Is it your belief that the vendors that pulled out and those that supported a boycott are at fault for the show's cancellation?
He simply means so many people were so quick to boycott a show that did NOT donate to an anti gun group. However, the list he provided they all donated to anti gun groups. Therefore, if so many find it easy to boycott a group that doesn't donate to anti gun groups, it should be VERY easy to boycott everybody on his list!!

·
Super Moderator
29,164 Posts
I don't believe anyone was boycotting the vendors at the show, rather most were supporting the vendors that chose to take a stand against a politically motivated decision by the promoter.

BTW For many years I've not done business (knowingly) with any business that openly supports anti-gun or anti-hunting.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
BcozHunter said:
I don't believe anyone was boycotting the vendors at the show, rather most were supporting the vendors that chose to take a stand against a politically motivated decision by the promoter.
Nah man I think you read it incorrectly. He isn't talking about boycotting or supporting vendors. He is talking about boycotting the show in general where the executives that made the decision (about the tactical ban) never paid money to anti gun groups themselves. However the people he listed DID pay money to anti gun groups.

·
Super Moderator
29,164 Posts
I'm reading fine. Got to hold the page out a little further these days, but that's a different issue

Reed took a politically motivated, anti-gun, position and many vendors and attendees called them on it. They (Reed) chose to stick by their poor decision, and resulted in the loss of business to many. I proudly support the vendors and the boycott.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Agreed, but do I really have to boycott all Dr's that belong to the American Medical Association???? All lawyers too - even they come in handy once in a awhile.

Good to post the list to open our eyes tho. Some letters/emails to these groups would counteract some of the anti's whining to them for $$. Would you happen to have data showing to whom they donated and how much and when?? Or does the NRA??

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My point was everyone wants to boycott a show that wants to stay neutral and support hunters and fisherman. But they are just jumping on the bandwagon. Folks serious about about the second amendment would find the info I posted. Those are the ones you should boycott. Don't ruin my own family fun.

And the big sponsors that pulled out along with the celebrities could care less about you guys. They look at how their pockets will affect them long term. As for the NRA they are jokes. I canceled my membership when they started calling asking me for money every other week. All they do is give the money to the government so that can persuade them. Do you really think the congressmen need more of our money?

I support groups like Ducks Unlimited and Pheasants Forever. They care about wildlife and sportsmen.

One last point. Why are mandatory back ground checks that bad? The nra wants to focus on mental issues but do not support checks and do not support health information sharing. Well if you are against those how the heck can you keep the guns away from the mentally incapable?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Why does the show have to support just the hunters and fishermen?? It's an OUTDOOR show which means all outdoor activities including sport shooting. Why is it fair to discriminate against these people only because they are a small part?? Because you don't feel they belong?? That's not how it is supposed to work. I say if you don't allow it all then don't have a show.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I have not bought a pair of Levi's jeans since I learned they give money to antis. Outback Steakhouse has been on my boycott list for a while too, along with some of the above companies.

But keep in mind that while simply boycotting is great by itself, but you should also be sure to send a letter or email to the main headquarters to let them know that you are boycotting, and why. I always end my messages to these companies by including that "I will encourage others to do so as well."

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Ah, so it is all about you! Reed acquiesced to the anti knee jerk crowd by forbiding black guns at the sportsmens show and people who believe in the 2nd amendment boycotted the show, including vendoes, some of which paid ten thousand dollars for a spot in the show. They lost a little more than you did with a visit to the show to show support for our constitutional rights so forgive me if I don't have any empatrhy for you.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
It was a hunting and fishing show long before campers and other things were included, if not for hunters and fishermen there would not be a show because the building would be empty except for campers and pots and pan salesmen. However, they are not having the show so problem over.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
It might break a few hearts but you can add COORS BEER to your list. They are huge supporters of the anti-gun movement

·
Registered
16,493 Posts
It might break a few hearts but you can add COORS BEER to your list. They are huge supporters of the anti-gun movement
Welp. If yer gonna boycott Coors, you might as well boycott Gunny Ermey along with them, as he has done Coors commercials (and graciously accepted their money I'm sure). I also believe Gunny Ermey serves, or served on the Board of the NRA. This boycott thingy can really be a tangled web, and if not careful, can smack of hypocrisy. So... if ya boycott Coors, Gunny Ermey is a wuss that lives in Namby Pamby land...... by proxy of course.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I agree that we live in an intertangled web of those who support freedom, and those who ultimately do not(whether they actually realize it or not). The problem is not one of hypocrisy, but of education. Most people and organizations are easily lulled into a sense of safety by the soothsayers on the left, and believe it because they have so carefully crafted their message over time to actually redefine many of the words and phrases we use everyday and give it a new(flawed) direction and purpose.

"An organized minority will beat a disorganized majority everytime" - Lenin

The left loves all of the "useful idiots"(i.e. the majority of America, aka the masses are [censored]es), and wins them over with talk of social justice and world views(can anyone say totalitarian world government?).

The left has a playbook, and it is winning through superior marketing. Time to dust off our playbook, get organized and go fight the fight that we have won before and will win again.

If the companies you do business with, do not understand what their politic correctness brings, then dump them.

It's hard to do, but it's a small sacrifice that we all must make.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts