The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
26,927 Posts
They are a private business and it's their choice to ban firearms from there property. It's my choice to not patronize their business.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,459 Posts
Do i need to start a boycott forum so folks can talk hunting again in at least one forum on HPA?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RB-HPA said:
Do i need to start a boycott forum so folks can talk hunting again in at least one forum on HPA?
That's a grand idea. Seriously.

As sportsmen we need to know who to boycott and who should get our business. We need to stand united and send a strong, clear message. We need these boycott threads in places of high traffic on HPA! Whatever you can do would be great! I wouldn't mind moderating it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gary3414 said:
No need for guns in bars.
Firearms and alcohol don't mix. But who said everybody drinks alcohol at a bar? I rarely drink at a bar, but rather go for the food. I am more than capable of being responsible. Why ban guns for the responsible law abiding citizen?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,686 Posts
gary3414 said:
No need for guns in bars.
... unless an evil person decides to break the rules, which is why most of us carry in the first place. In a perfect society, you shouldn't need a gun anywhere except the field, but society is far from perfect.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,044 Posts
It's a place that serves food but also serves alcohol just like a bazillion other places. Why can't I go out for a burger with the wife yet provide for some form of saftey just because the place we eat at serves adult beverages?

Gino
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WV Gino Home said:
It's a place that serves food but also serves alcohol just like a bazillion other places. Why can't I go out for a burger with the wife yet provide for some form of saftey just because the place we eat at serves adult beverages?

Gino
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
4,239 Posts
It is a private establishment that has the right to operate their business as they see fit. Additionally I won't boycott Buffalo Wild Wings for a few reasons. 1. The food is good 2. I have had excellent service 3. Great place to gather with friends. That all said everyone has the right to do as they see fit and if people choose to boycott BWW I respect it and understand it.

If we start a boycott forum it will turn into a mess. Half the people on this site want to protest Wal-Mart.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,126 Posts
When carrying conceled who's to know if you have it or not. And if they see it and ask you to leave - you leave.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,778 Posts
Double Lung 20 said:
RB-HPA said:
Do i need to start a boycott forum so folks can talk hunting again in at least one forum on HPA?
That's a grand idea. Seriously.

As sportsmen we need to know who to boycott and who should get our business. We need to stand united and send a strong, clear message. We need these boycott threads in places of high traffic on HPA! Whatever you can do would be great! I wouldn't mind moderating it.
Might unclog some of this lately considering the political traffic going on in the hunting/shooting world that will probably continue for the next few years at least. Then again, we already have a Gun Control Forum - could push it over there??

Regardless, I want to thank you for allowing the ESOS issue to play out on your forum, even though it about took the place over for a few days. I think places like this are going to continue to be an important means of communication for like-minded people to get timely info on such things.


hunter4095 said:
They have the choice to not allow guns.
you have the choice to go there or not.
Yup.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,510 Posts
I ate at Buffalo Wild Wings tonight with my family. Didnt see any signs and was carrying concealed. No one said a thing, because no one (but my family and I) knew I was carrying because it was just as T4P said...concealed
 
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Top