The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16,456 Posts
Best quote I THINK it was by Tyson, and I'll PROBABLY paraphrase, but..... "Everybody has a plan till they get punched in the face."

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Early Tyson, while Cus was alive, may have been the most perfect heavyweight I've ever seen. Slick defense, lightning speed, and the most wicked ko power I have witnessed.

·
Registered
19,611 Posts
As much talent and potential as Tyson had he [censored] it away on booze,broads and drugs.
What a waste of a career.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
After Cus died, everybody around him was there to be with Iron Mike. None cared about Mike Tyson. He was a machine, but like any machine, a poor operator will yield poor results. Put Angelo Dundee as his handler, prison never happens. Holyfield gets destroyed. Buster Douglas is just another tin can.

·
Registered
19,611 Posts
Your last Saturday night may have left you
feeling like a million bucks or maybe like crap, but Iron Mikes lifestyle left probably 100 million dollars worth of championship money on the table.

I agree his management team let him down too.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
$100 mil may be low. There were 3 years of missed fights that would have been in his prime. The fiasco against Douglas showed everything that was wrong with his trainers. They didn't push him hard in training, and, worse, during the fight, he didn't use the Peek a Boo style that got him there, rather, he stood around looking to one punch Douglas. Those boobs did away with his speed and defense, and didn't even pack an endswell for the fight, so his eye swelled shut way earlier than it should have.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts