The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
I usually will hunt with my bow after I fill my first gobbler tag in Ohio. I enjoy it, had a streak of 3yrs in a row, ow have a dry spell of 4yrs without killing one with a bow.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i hunt with a longbow usually..cheated last year and killed one with the shotgun..but i'll be back to the longbow this year.

·
Registered
19,385 Posts
Exclusively the last two years. It is a whole new game.

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
It is a tough hunt with the bow, have killed several. No blind for the fullfan crew and getting the bow drawn back is the hard part.

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
Mebbie some day for me but i still find the challenge to be somewhut still humbling at times even with my Browning 12 3.5" Magnum!! Guess im just a slow learner! lol

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Just havent been able to bring myself to do it yet! I would love to do it however! Maybe someday!

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Shot one a few years back in the spring season, pretty challenging to do and I did not use a blind.I was picked off a few times on the drawback but that was part of the fun.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
If I didn't make the shot I'd have a hard time believing it, but 2 seasons ago I shot a huge gobbler at maybe 8 yards out of my Dbl Bull with a 60# Carbon Element with 3 blade Grim Reaper head. Broadside hit at wing butt. Bird tumbled for several yards, arrow did not pass thru. I was amazed as I saw the bird tumbling and the arrow flopping. Made it to high vegetation and GONE. Never to be seen again. The sound aty impact was amazing, far louder than any deer strike I've heard while bow hunting. To this day I am still amazed that the bird stopped the arrow

1 - 14 of 14 Posts