The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad is looking for a new bow sight that will help his deteriorating vision. He still wears contacts and his left contact that he uses to shoot with is for seeing close objects so he has trouble seeing targets that are not close. I see a lot of sights now that have lens kits that I think would really help him. Anybody know of a good sight that has the lens kit option?

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Re: Bow site

Maybe a Super peep with a clarifier would help? I wear glasses and without the clarifier my pin is clear but target is blurry, with the clarifier the target is crystal clear but the pin is alittle fuzzy.

·
Registered
582 Posts

I had the same problem and put a verifier in my peep. Cleared everything up nicely, but I am a little concerned that it may impede me during low light conditions during hunting season. This will be my first year, so we'll see.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I did some research on the clarifires and most hunters say they help to see the target, but if it rains you'll be wishing you had your old peep sight back

·
Registered
447 Posts

I had problems seeing the target at distances. I changed to a single pin slider.It helped open up the sight picture. I also went w/ smaller pin. For the 1st time I was able to practice long shots. I just got another one w/ the lens kit for a second bow & its amazing how much better I can see the target. I went w/ hha5519 but theirs a lot of good sights out.

·
Registered
266 Posts

I've had a verifer in my hunting bow 3 or 4 years now. I like it, but I don't go out hunting when it rains. Yes the target is slightly blurry, but the sight pins are perfectly clear. You need to go to a dealer and try several lenses to get the right lens for your eyes. Your dealer should have a lens kit with a sight and peep to try them out.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts

IMO a HHA mount with a red dot scope will solve all his problems. That's what I use and I absolutely love it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts