The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to buy a Cross bow this year, would like a recommendation of a good Archery shop in York or Harrisburg area, that can help me with selection.

I know nothing about archery equipment - if the Sports show wasn't so dang crowded on weekends, I'd start there.

Thanks in advance for your assistance in my journey.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
There are two good archery shops in Lancaster Co. Kinsey's on the outskirts of Elizabethtown and Lancaster Archery shop on rt 340 outside Smoke town. I recently bought my crossbow from Lancaster Archery shop

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
There are two good archery shops in Lancaster Co. Kinsey's on the outskirts of Elizabethtown and Lancaster Archery shop on rt 340 outside Smoke town. I recently bought my crossbow from Lancaster Archery shop
Can't go wrong with either of those. Also, if you are anywhere near Wellsville, Bowhunters Superstore just down the road from Pinchot State Park.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Look around and see what you like and then get it off Ebay. I am watching the same setup that Woods Walker got for $ 265, NIB on Ebay. Carbon Express 390.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Woods Walker gave the best two suggestions for you , you might try Trop gun shop outside Elizabethtown or The Sportsman Shop outside New Holland they might have something or lead you in the right direction

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I'm going to buy a Cross bow this year, would like a recommendation of a good Archery shop in York or Harrisburg area, that can help me with selection.

I know nothing about archery equipment - if the Sports show wasn't so dang crowded on weekends, I'd start there.

Thanks in advance for your assistance in my journey.
Bowhunters warehouse they are located in Wellsville,Pa. RT 74

They service my Parker Tornado ... they sell and service most crossbows...

I bought mine online to save on sales tax. Bowhunters Warehouse kindly pick up my service.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
How did you save on sales tax? If a Company has a store in PA you have to pay sales tax, the only way you get out of sales tax is if they have no presence in PA.

·
Banned
365 Posts
Get out & shoot everything you can get your hands on! AT shops, clubs or friends. Some bows will just not feel right others will be like an old friend. Everyone can make suggestions on THEIR favorite but in the end it's you laying down your hard earned cash. Lots of good & bad choices out there but that's MY opinion. Make your decision with the bow in your hands. Best of luck & enjoy the journey! One problem with buying on line is if you have an issue. A local shop is more likely to work with you & get you back in the woods. If you buy on line keep the box it came in.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
How did you save on sales tax? If a Company has a store in PA you have to pay sales tax, the only way you get out of sales tax is if they have no presence in PA.
Bought my bow out of state from Wyvern. at the time it was by far the best deal going.. Bowhunters services my bow now.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
OK, I thought you knew a secret I could smile use.:smile_big:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts