The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here we go... I shoot a Concept P50, last year the bow was hitting a 2" dot on my target out to 40 yards. This year it will put the same arrow in the dot at 20 to 35 yards. Soon as I go 40 to 50 the arrows hit to the left of the dot about 10-12" every time. I walk back up to 30 and "bingo" I'm back puttting 6 arrows in the dot again.I have Capture rest on it and Trophy Taker fiber optic 3 pin sight on it. Driving me bonkers, anyone ever have this problem? If so what was the fix. Thanks for your time of reading..

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Short answer in my opinion, form. 40 yards is enough that you're going to notice any inconsistencies in form.

If you're really hitting where you say you are at 30 and where you say you are at 40, it isn't a matter of tuning in my opinion. If tuning were the case you'd see the arrows slightly going left at 30 as well.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Like others have said, Id focus on relaxing your bow hand grip. Really focus on good form.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Could also be the string and or cable stretched while stored slightly changing your draw ? Maybe your anchor point is slightly different?

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
The first step is make sure your bow is tuned and there are several methods of tuning that have been mentioned. The second is form and torqueing your bow can cause your arrows to hit left. I think one of the best things you can do to work on form once your bow is tuned is learn to shoot a bare shaft in the same spot as your fletched. I consider my bow tuned when I can shoot a bare shaft in the same spot as my fletched from twenty yards indoors. I shoot almost every night in my basement this time of year and I shoot five fletched and then one bare shaft. Shooting a bare shaft will teach you to know if you shot a bad arrow, because if you don't know when you shot a bad arrow you will never be able to shoot a bare shaft accurately.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts