The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
I'm not real sure about that. If your hunting in a "special regulation area" (ie: Allegheny County) and you have a flintlock license, you may be able to use a bow to take a antlered deer. However.....I'm not exactly sure.

Either a WCO needs to chime in....or just call your local Game Commission office and just ask.

Dave

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
No you may not use a bow to take an antlered deer in flintlock season under a muzzleloader license, however if you have an archery license you may during the late archery season because archery season is in at the same time.

·
Registered
18,709 Posts
John S said:
however if you have an archery license you may during the late archery season because archery season is in at the same time.
Cept in the SRA. Archery ends on 1/9/10 while flintlock ends on 1/23/10.

·
Registered
12,138 Posts
Such technicalities in the different seasons and rules and areas simply point out that the hunting regulations and laws are excessively and needlessly complex.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Funny, we have people here that want to make it mre complicated by micro managing the state.

·
Registered
12,138 Posts
Yep, we are fast approaching the point that a hunter will need a GPS linked computer tied to the Naval observatory clock in DC, just to know what and if he can hunt as well as what weapon can be used and how much orange is required.

·
Registered
18,709 Posts
Maybe after the January meeting, the SRA regulations will be cleaned up.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
zimmerstutzen said:
Yep, we are fast approaching the point that a hunter will need a GPS linked computer tied to the Naval observatory clock in DC, just to know what and if he can hunt as well as what weapon can be used and how much orange is required.
Perhaps KR could offer a free service to HPA members to provide in-the-field counsel, jus call em on the hotline.

·
Registered
862 Posts
It is very confusing. You can tag a doe with your buck tag if you have a flintlock late season, but can't if you are archery hunting which is a more limited weapon?

Than, in the SRA areas, you can still shoot a buck with a flintlock past January 9th, but you can't with a bow?

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
which is more limited doesn't matter and has nothing to do with it. Two different seasons that hapen to run concurently. The late bow season came before flintlock season. There was a time when flintlock hunters had to turn in their doe application when they bought a flintlock license. Also archers used to be able to take a doe or buck without an archery season.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
David Rearick said:
It is very confusing. You can tag a doe with your buck tag if you have a flintlock late season, but can't if you are archery hunting which is a more limited weapon?

Than, in the SRA areas, you can still shoot a buck with a flintlock past January 9th, but you can't with a bow?

......and if the moon is full on the third Tuesday of the month and.........

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
It can be confusing at times. However, to clear matters up....just join HPA, post your question here, and someone will post an answer to your question.

See how easy that is?

I use to read tax law. Now, I can tell you that if you had a question about tax law, you could call the IRS. They would give you an answer. However, that answer would more than likely favor a position that the IRS would take....and result in paying more tax than perhaps a taxpayer should.

It's usually a lot less costly to call a CPA.

However, when it comes to game laws, the matter is pretty clear. You either are going to shoot something with a legal weapon in a legal season in a legal area....or not.

Yes, there are other matters that can be addressed. But these guys here will tell ya if you can or can't.

Great forum. Just ask.

Dave

PS...and where would the Forum be without guys like John? There are times when I've had to clean coffee off of my laptop keyboard because it sprayed from my mouth from his sarcastic post. I only hope a few of mine have done the same for others. I know I've spent some time outs for a few.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
PS...and where would the Forum be without guys like John? There are times when I've had to clean coffee off of my laptop keyboard because it sprayed from my mouth from his sarcastic post.
Ya gotta love em!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts