The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there transport their bow on their quad? I'm looking for a way the secure my bow to my quad. Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.
thanks!

·
Registered
942 Posts
I do not. However, my buddy hunts with a 700 grizzly. He puts his bow in a bow case and bungys it to his rear rack. He's had no problems what-so-ever. If your bows limbs extend out past the racks a little just be careful not to bump it against any trees. He has never had to readjust his bow sights because it got knocked around on his quad. Hope this helps.

For clarification: My buddy rides to his spot, parks where he needs to, gets off his quad and walks the rest of the way to his stand. He's not hunting from his quad.

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i ended up getting the mad dog bow grip pro after reading tons of positive reviews. Ill let you know how it works out. I thought of the bow case but i'm afraid some idiot tresspassers will steal it while im in my stand

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the mad dog bow grip came in the mail yesterday. I installed it last night. It only took about 20 mins to install. very basic. I strapped my bow on and cruised around the yard. It seems very secure and is held high enough off the front rack of my yamaha kodiak 450 that the HHA bow site is about 2-3 inches away. I'll let you know how it holds up on the trail as soon I take it out.

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tested it on Sat. it was flawless.....would highly recommend it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts