The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
DIY Sportsman has some great videos. I built a few of his camera holders and two of the bow holders. They do work but if you hang it by the cam of the bow it can make some noise on the thread bolts despite the rubberized coating.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I use a strap on cleat, some use them to actually climb up a tree, I use em for an awesome bow holder as it has gripping groves to help secure the bow or backpack and doesn't harm the tree like screw-ins. Very light weight, cheap and legal....goes on in a mere seconds

·
Super Moderator
12,639 Posts
One can simply put a belt strap best to use one with metal buckle on the tree and slip in an "S" hook available at most hardware stores. I use an older tree stand store belt which I have replaced with a new one for safety sake. Investment less than $1.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I hunted public land out in Iowa this fall and this was the set up that I used. You could use any type of strap, I just had an extra strap from an old safety harness that I used. Then I tied on the this hook from Hawk Treestands. I think it is called the Hookster, cost me $6.99 at a sporting goods store. I never had one issue with this set up for the entire trip.

·
Super Moderator
7,757 Posts
Iron Talon? Bow Holder : Cabela's

Works great.....goes on just about any stand, too. The only issue I had was with a stand where I'd have had to put it on a flip out foot rest. It'll attach to it, but the foot rest angles it wrong.

Other than that, it's worked like a champ on every stand I've ever put it on. I put it between my feet so the bow stands right between my knees.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts