The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
I have the summit viper and I use the one that attaches to the rail on the stand.I love it,it stays right at hands reach.don't get the cheap plastic one,it breaks easily

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I had one on my gorilla hang on. It was the cheap plastic one, and it broke like fishkrane said. I got the screw in for the trees (i hunt on private land) and I like it a lot, although when I go to public land I have to sit my bow in my lap which I don't like to do all that much.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
If your stand doesn't have a rail like the summit viper,another good holder is the bowjaws holder,google it and check it out.I have one for when I use my loggy bayou stand,real nice sturdy holder

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
who makes the holder you use on the viper? I have a summit bushmaster I use when I hunt other places. I assume it would fit mine as well

·
Registered
21,042 Posts
I have so many different types of stands so I go with the portable kind.

I keep a few of those little ones and two of the bigger one's with a swing arm and hooks for calls and such in my pack at all times.

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
I have never found any hanger I though was ideal. I have used 3 different types on my stand, stand rail and every thing on a tree from screw in coat hangers to the commercial type. During the peak periods I stand and hold my bow vertically. This makes me more alert and minimizes movement, but can't be sustained all day in the stand.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I guess I'm a weird one, but I still use an old Baker BTS for my climber. I have to stand up in the stand. But I have found the most comfortable position for me.

Either on stand or on the ground, if I am stationary, I have the bottom wheel resting on the instep my left foot. My right hand is on top of the upper wheel.

All that I have to do is bend slightly, bring the bow into shooting position, draw, and shoot.

·
Registered
282 Posts
i actually use two different models...
the first one is the "permanent" metal one i mounted on my climber platform... made by HME mounted on the left side foot platform... holds the bow vertical at my shooting hand good for a long sit and i don't have to forget it in the truck as it is always on the stand now...

the next is a simple strap on accessory strap i usually put up a just little over my head when i stand up. it works well when i am standing for a while and want little movement reaching if one walk up. also like it for gear storage as well... I have also seen one that is kind of like a camera arm that extends out in front of you or to the side. but i think it would just be another thing to get in the way and to lug into the woods...

i have never been a fan of hanging anything from the seat rail of my climber... to much possibility unneeded movement should you need to adjust around or stand up accidentally bump the rail and down goes the bow...

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
I use the team realtree bow hanger you screw into the tree. I place it so that the bow hangs right in front of me. You got to be careful of placement because it will cause you not to be able to take a shot. Very good for lock ons. I've used a few times in my climber, just have to remember to get before you climb down the tree. Since it's attached to the tree, any movement i make in the stand is not transfered to bow.

·
Registered
21,020 Posts
I have a bow holder attached to every one of my stands.You need to have written permission to screw anything into a tree.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Ive got a team realtree screw in with the hooks that you can hang the calls from. I like to use that one alot when hunting the rut. Just gives me a little extra room in the stand. You do have to be mindful of where you hang it though as it can block your shot if you dont hang it in the right spot. I also have two of those bow hangers that clamp directly on my stand. They work good to but it takes a little pracice to get used to taking you bow off and putting them back on effectively. Also, your cam or bowlimbs may not fit in them depending on the type of bow you shoot so make sure you double check before you go out hunting. A screw in step works good to.

·
Registered
336 Posts
My wife got me the HME Better Bow Hanger for christmas. It comes with three brackets so you can use it at multiple stands. I was always afraid of bumping my bow off of a bow holder attached to my stand. Usually if I hunt somewhere I can't screw into the tree I just hold my bow the whole time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts