The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would like some input on this. Ok. Before I left for kuwait i told my wife that I would like to buy her a bow. My wife isnt a very outdoorsy person, but other than my family, archery hunting is seriously my life. i wouldnt know what to do with out it. after i told her that i wanted to buy her a bow, and told her she didnt have to hunt, i would just like for her to maybe go and shoot with me every so often, so she could understand why i love shooting and archery hunting, she didnt object. i know i should get her a cheap bow, just incase she doesnt like it. BUT, i am a firm believer in a person shooting a bow that will perform well, to keep that person interested. I want to get her a mathews passion. so, my question is....do any of you or your wives have any experience with this bow? if, so how does it perform? also, my wife is 5'4" and 105 lbs. would this be good for her? any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Maybe s mission menace would be good,it will be cheaper than a mathews,it's just an offshoot company of mathews.my ten year old son had one,it shoots really good.it can go up to u believe a thirty inch draw,and fifty pounds pull

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
How about a Mathews Mustang? Or a Mathews ignition.....

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
r those good for a very small framed person. i dont have an option of going to a pro shop right now, so i am tryung to get the info i need, so i can kind of surprise her. thanks for the replys

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
The mustang is now discontinued I think, but it was made for mainly women...................and the ignitions is a good bow for an older kids and women

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
308Havoc said:
i would like some input on this. Ok. Before I left for kuwait i told my wife that I would like to buy her a bow. My wife isnt a very outdoorsy person, but other than my family, archery hunting is seriously my life. i wouldnt know what to do with out it. after i told her that i wanted to buy her a bow, and told her she didnt have to hunt, i would just like for her to maybe go and shoot with me every so often, so she could understand why i love shooting and archery hunting, she didnt object. i know i should get her a cheap bow, just incase she doesnt like it. BUT, i am a firm believer in a person shooting a bow that will perform well, to keep that person interested. I want to get her a mathews passion. so, my question is....do any of you or your wives have any experience with this bow? if, so how does it perform? also, my wife is 5'4" and 105 lbs. would this be good for her? any input would be appreciated.
PM me after you deceide----my wife is interested in us shooting as a family thing after getting my new bow this year?????? Im not questioning it --Im thrilled beyond all get out!!! I made my 5 year old daughter her first bow from a walnut branch---she loves it and it works! Gotta thank Don for convincing me I could make things myself....My 8 year old son shoots a recurve from the store and loves it as well---HMMMMM I need input as to what bow to get her to start with as well. She is 5'4 120 lbs and very small shoulders........

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Buy her a Diamond

No really - I bought my wife a Diamond Edge
I think they are now the razor edge, but anyway, very adjustable and small enough so they don't complain about holding up a big bow. My wife comes out and shoots with me and the kids (sometimes)! I have to "encourage" her sometimes but at least she has her own bow!
Good Luck

·
Registered
761 Posts
My wife started out with a parker, They are made in Virginia and have a excellent warrenty program. She has a lower draw weight but out to 30 yrds is as deadly as they get. She has yet to hunt with it. Only practices when I do and will shoot just as good if not better than I. I bought my Parker Ultra Lite 3 yrs ago and with 4 draws in the woods while hunting I have taken 2 bear, hit one bear that I lost a blood trail on and missed one doe. I will check the garage tomorrow and let you know which model she has.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
my wife has two ignitions a camo one for hunting and a pink one for target and she loves them....if it was me i dont think i would drop the coin on a passion just yet i would go with something cheaper like a ignition or a damiond razor but i would take her somewhere and let her shoot every bow that she can and let her decide that way u know that she will like it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts