The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to nickname this bow. I am calling it the daisy cutter. Second shot today at 103 yards, broke 2 petals off and the daisy fell to the ground. Here is a pic with everything custom made by me (string and wrist sling).

I am going to make a new sling to match the string, what colors do you think would look good? I'm thinking black with a blue spine. Maybe drab olive and a blue spine.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is the QAD HD. I love it; I tried the limbsaver and ripcord and went with the QAD. Please do not put a whisker on a Z7, that would be a shame. You spent the money for a quality bow, spend a little extra and you will have a winner for many years. Try those 3 rests and you won't go wrong.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Are you planning on going blue with the rest of the acc? I know the colored stoppers and riser inserts are selling like hotcakes. Pink and yellow are hot so alot of ladies must be buying the Passion, blue, orange, red, etc, are also selling well.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am getting the blue stopper this week from the bownazi. I am even getting the royal blue d braid put on the QAD as well.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
I don't see the monkey tail on your string.I took mine off,my opinion is they are garbage.one slid down,i didn't see it,I went to pull my bow back and could only pull it back half way,imagine that happening that when pulling back on a nice buck.I took them all off.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had one come off after 200 shots and it didn't make a difference with noise suppression. Took the rest off and gained 5 fps total.

I took the string grub off and the bow got quieter, but not sure if my speed decreased some. It does appear that I am dropping a hair more at long distances.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
I feel the same about the whisker, its a slap in the face to a $800-1000 bow.

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
$800-$1000 bows are overpriced to begin with. A fool and his money are soon parted.

I've used just about every type of rest available, and the biscuit is th eonly one that has NEVER had an arrow come off at some point.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Think what you will about the biscuit but i love it have one on my hoyt vteh. in my mind the best hunting rest there is. total arrow containment never have to worry about arrow falling of while drawing. The only thing you have to do is treat it to keep it from freezing if it gets wet. I have a drop away on my target bow for the slight gain in accurcy but for hunting the biscuit will be what i go to. also nice bow i have been looking for a new one shot the z7 feels good just dont know what i want.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I put the Quad HD on my new Z7 and have an old bushmaster on my LX. I was really surprised when I just read that the fall aways are not preferred by the top shooters in ASA and IBO. The artcle says they did a survey and 86% were using rests with a launcher?

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did you know that they don't care about draw noise either? They use metal rests, which sounds like nails on a chalkboard in a quiet woods.

The reason they don't use drop aways is because there is always that chance of a malfunction. They limit the probability of a failure costing them the win.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I know they don't care about noise. That's why they shoot the ulta light shafts and target points and some bows sound like a .22 going off. I used to have a snake tongue launcher on my 3-d rig and you really have to draw smooth to keep the arrow on the forks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts