The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with this machine? Was at BJ's today and they have them for $99. Seems like a good price,and the reviews I have read seem pretty favorable. Was just wondering if anyone here has any personal experience with it. Really thinking about picking one up, and at that price I can afford a decent pinpointer as well. Any thoughts, comments, or suggestions? Thanks, Don

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
No exp.with that one but had a Landstar which was a good machine.From what i have heard the 1 your talking about is a decent starter unit but really i feel you could probably do better finding something used.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
I agree with rich, good starter unit but nothing more. as a veteran of 25yrs detecting once told me "Any machine will find items, its the machine that finds items where others can't that defines a good purchase". You will no doubt luck upon coins with that machine, but you aren't going to pull deep coins especially in mineralized or high trash areas, or in areas that have been pounded over the years.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yep, I'd say Good starter machine if your planning on doing Your yard & other yards that have possibilities of lost items.
and haven't been searched already.
it Will also give you a working knowledge of detectors,
and the hobby at a nice low price.
My guess if your meant to join the hobby, and actually enjoy doing it, You'll be looking to upgrade in a year.
and of course If you get frustrated and loose interest, the bite out of your wallet won't depress you

Here is some proof it's not always the price of the detector, and that it takes Luck & persistence also

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...th-100-000.html

·
Registered
398 Posts
I would not buy a Bounty Hunter. I used various metal detectors for years and those are about the cheapest low Q out there right next to Radio Shack junk. Save your money and buy a Garrett Ace 150 or Ace 250 and you'll never regret it. I'm talking from experience here. I hope I'm not too late. The warranty is the best on these Garretts as well. Bounty Hunter used to make a good machine. Then they went corporate and now they sell cheap junk. PM me for more info. so I get a email notice. I don't get on here everyday anymore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts