The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
No mag restrictions on predators. You can use a semi auto shotgun for big game but no rifles yet. What did you go with? I built a grendel this year and almost done a 223 wylde

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No mag restrictions on predators. You can use a semi auto shotgun for big game but no rifles yet. What did you go with? I built a grendel this year and almost done a 223 wylde
I bought a Ruger 556. Keeping it simple.

·
Registered
16,429 Posts
My buddy had one and its crazy accurate with the hornady varmint ammo, varmint express I believe. I never wanted one then i got a smith and really had fun with it then built my own and its kinda addicting. I might build an ar10 soon or a 7.62x39 ar pistol
parts and guns are getting hard to find. i want a 9mm AR pistol. it seems everyone is outta stock or the prices have gone way past reasonable.

Magpul PMAG D-60 Drum Mag AR-15 223 Remington 5.56x45mm 60-Round

Here's what you need. Ya just never know when a hoard of angry groundhogs will just up 'n come right at ya with teeth bared!!
palmetto state armory has 60 round mags. they look like the 30 rounders but thicker and wont get in the way like a drum does.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
palmetto state armory has 60 round mags. they look like the 30 rounders but thicker and wont get in the way like a drum does.
[/QUOTE]

The way to get away from a 60 rounder, is a quicker mag exchange! LOL

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was considering the Ruger 9 mm AR, but I already own a High Point one (don't laugh). The Ruger was available on Gunbroker.

·
Super Moderator
26,451 Posts
Congrats! I got my first AR earlier this year, a Palmetto State Armory AR10 in .308. I've only had it out once so far due to the ranges being covidly closed (my brother has a range set up at his place) but so far as I can tell, it's a shooter!
Going to be up by the brother's tonight through Saturday, so will be putting some more rounds through it while there.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts