The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was finally able to pick up my new gun today. It's a Browning A-bolt Feather Lite Micro in .284. It was from the special run that Grice's had and it was NIB. This is my favorite caliber and I've been looking for one for while now. I really like the way it handles and fits. It is certainly a light little rifle. The wood is real nice on it too. Sometime in the future I'd like to mount a Leupold Vx-3 3.5-10x40 on it. Anyway here is some pictures.

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
That is a beauty

I have one of the original Micro Medallions in 284 Winchester, great little cartridge that doesn't get enough attention.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I really like those Browning rifles. And all the ones I have shot seem too shoot very well also. Plus they are nice to look out. But a rifle can never look to good to not take it out hunting. You don't need to use one for a boat paddle. But no reason what so ever not to get it a little bloody!! Tom.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the comments. I certainly hope it shoots as good as it looks. And don't worry I will be hunting with it this fall!

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
I'm envious! I wanted so badly to get one but the gun fund was dry!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got a pretty good deal on it so I'm pretty happy.

JasonN, don't you have an a-bolt micro in .257? I bet that is a sweet little gun!

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
A little advice.....Do not throw a 40mm scope on that rifle..It will throw it horribly off-balance...Try a Vari X III 2.5 x 8 x 32mm scope or a Leupold 3X9 compact..

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
Pilgrim222 said:
I got a pretty good deal on it so I'm pretty happy.

JasonN, don't you have an a-bolt micro in .257? I bet that is a sweet little gun!
I wanted to buy one in the worst kind of way, but the gun fund was at $0.00 so there wasn't much I could do. I'll find one someday when I can buy it.

I do....and it is! Topped it with a new Weaver Classic V 3-9x38....perfect fit/balance on that rifle. 2-7x32 might be even more perfecter!

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
Big Ken said:
A little advice.....Do not throw a 40mm scope on that rifle..It will throw it horribly off-balance...Try a Vari X III 2.5 x 8 x 32mm scope or a Leupold 3X9 compact..
I don't know that it's all that bad. I had a Bushnell Buckhorn on mine for years....3-9x40 and it wasn't a hindrance at all. A smaller 2-7 or 3-9 is a little better though. I'm real happy with my Weaver 3-9x38. Considered a 2-7x32 Weaver but they didn't make it in gloss and I wanted it to match my shiny rifle....I'm a little strange like that!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts