The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my Flintlocks because i never went much with them. I had no where to go nor no one to go with.
Reason being i had no where to stay! After i sold them my son builds me a room in his new a-frame!!!!!No i have a place to stay and a hunting buddy when i go and no Flintlock rifle to use ? { 2 sons and both have flintlocks now.}
SOOOOO. I bought a Crossbow last week.
I figure it will give me more time to hunt in the fall and after Christmas if the weather is good? I haven't bow hunted in 15 years!
Man i hope i can figure this crossbow shooting out before next week! I don't have a target to play with it.
The one thing i don't like is it is so bulky!

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just don't have the extra money for one ! I will wait until i go my sons next week and use his target. If i don't get it set up i will use his crossbow.

·
Registered
18,621 Posts
Good luck Willy. Aim small, miss small. Keep your shots close and your shot selections high percentage.

·
Super Moderator
7,757 Posts
Gotcha, willyp.

The more you shoot, the better....so get to that target as soon as is practical for you.

As was said, stick to high percentage shots. It may shoulder like a rifle, but it kills like a bow, so pick your shots accordingly.

Good luck!

:thumbs:

·
Registered
172 Posts
When you do get a target, I'd look into ordering a Morell Yellow Jacket off Amazon. I picked one up for 44 dollars with free shipping, and it works just as good as any bag. I've shot at least 50 bolts into it (even tested a broadhead or 2) and it's still more then intact with the rings all visible.

·
Registered
551 Posts
When you do get a target, I'd look into ordering a Morell Yellow Jacket off Amazon. I picked one up for 44 dollars with free shipping, and it works just as good as any bag. I've shot at least 50 bolts into it (even tested a broadhead or 2) and it's still more then intact with the rings all visible.
I have the little discharge Yellow Jacket target. Love it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have the little discharge Yellow Jacket target. Love it.

I was going to get the small one, but I needed to partially sight mine in since it hadn't been used in a while and I was worried that if it was more then a few inches off I'd end up with yet another broken bolt. I kind of want to get one to quadruple check my sights before walking into the forest in the mornings (i have crazy ocd) and when for when I get back on the empty handed days.
But I agree, awesome targets.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Well, I must say I'm disappointed that you gave up the Flint Locks. After all, I rationalize that those of us who persevere with primitive black powder are entitled to a little heresy of the modern crossbow. :grin2:

Good luck, you won't be disappointed with your crossbow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts