The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys I'm looking to get a new sight I have it down to 2 options. either a boss hogg or a BG Ascent. I would like to know which you think is better. Also if the boss hogg is better is it worth the price difference?

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
look into a Tommy Hogg then. At least you will be able to attach a quiver then. Basically the same thing as a Boss Hogg, just the Tommy Hogg was designed to be used for hunting and 3D. The difference is where the adjustment knob is located. You can also get interchangeable heads. I have a single pin .010 and a large 5 pin .029 pins.

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
I can truly say I have never been a fan of Spott-hogg sights. They are extremely solid, and very well made, however, im not a fan of the adjustments, and the fiber optics are not bright whatsoever, without buying the extra wrap. If you're going to spend that kind of money, look into the Axcel Armortech line by Tru-ball. best micro-adjustments out there, and super bright. I got one for $125 on ebay, NIB. I would also recommend the Montana Black Gold. Very bright, and very well made. I like .019 pins for hunting, especially when the fibers are bright. I got .010s in the armortech to shoot 3D with, and I will be hunting with it as well. Just won IBO Indoor Nationals and the Keystone State shoot with that sight. Best sight I have ever owned.

·
Registered
21,378 Posts
I wouldn't discount a sword either.I bought one two years ago and it's the best sight I ever used.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts