The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
27,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I watched The Shootist for like the eleventeenth time a couple of nights ago and realized what a really great movie it is. Not just because it has a whole slew of great actors working with a great plot, a great director, and great production values. What really hit home for me was how maybe this was the first time I really noticed what a great job of acting those people did in this movie.. To get an idea of what I mean watch the movie and this time watch their eyes. When you look for it you'll see that John Wayne and Lauren BaCall did something in The Shootist that we seldom see, they acted with their eyes.

·
Registered
8,647 Posts
The Undefeated. Every time my wife makes grits, which I hate, I think of Mr. McCartney (Dub Taylor ) hiding under the table during the big fight scene, getting a mouth full of grits, and spitting them out.

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
One thing I noticed in a lot of his movies he had a lot of the same actors and actresses in them. Also like The Horse Solders . It was based on an actual battle down south.

·
Super Moderator
26,456 Posts
I wouldn't even know where to begin trying to name a favorite.
I have some DVD box sets from his (very) early days, and why some of them aren't classics like his more well known films is beyond me. Probably because of the timing, 1930s, and the country had more to worry about than movies?

Probably my most watched, and definitely in contention as being my favorite, is The Quiet Man. Great movie, great cast, great director, and great scenery.

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
I also have a box set of his early movies, he looked and sounded difference between the early ones and his later movies. Still all are still good.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts