The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to buy new boots this year and wanted some opinions on the best boots for 170 or under. Need to be warm and as light weight as can be without sacrificing warmth. All opinions are appreciated

·
Registered
217 Posts
i bought muck boots last year upon several recommendations. They were Ok early on, but once it got cold they stink. My feet sweated like mad while walking and then my toes got cold from being wet. Even changing my socks didnt help much cause the inside of the boots were already wet and since they are rubber and neoprene there is exactly no airflow to help them dry.

·
Registered
512 Posts
For scent control and warmth, I like the lacrosse alphaburly sport insulated 100 or 1500. This boot is light weight and decently warm. Since it doesn't breathe, it is best for stand hunting. Another option is to the get the uninsulated alphaburly sport and use ice-breaker overboots for cold weather. I also put foot-warmers on my toes if it is really cold. If you are going to be driving/pushing, still hunting, or you just want a general purpose hunting boot, I like the Danner pronghorn or the Irish Setter Tamarack boot. I have both and they are both good solid boots.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I'll second muck. Most comfortable I've ever worn. They do get hot but I haven't found a rubber boot that doesn't.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'll second Lacrosse Alphaburley's for archery season, I think they're perfect. I have the insulated 400's and my feet are never real cold on stand. I use the Tanner boots 1000 for firearms season. I don't sit during that season and they are really comfortable.

·
Super Moderator
13,619 Posts
I have a set of light and heavy Lacrosse boots for archery. Good for scent control, crossing streams, comfortable and easy to get on an off.

·
4,295 Posts
For early season I use the Dream Season boots. They are light and extremely comfortable. (Would not have bought them had I not found them in the Bargain Cave at Cabela's, they were only $65 because they had scuffs on the toe). As the weather gets colder I have the LaCrosse Alpha Burly 1500. Warm and comfortable.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
+1 on the Lacrosse Alpha Burleys. Bought a pair this year and they are really comfortable. I have a heavy pair of winter boots for when the snow is deep and air is cold

1 - 9 of 9 Posts