The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok....Brothers of the brush....Lets here what you favorite boots are....Rubber and/or Leather

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'm all about the rubber boots. Last year I purchased an uninsulated pair of rubber boots to go the insulated ones I got the previous year. I like them so much better than the leather ones.

·
Super Moderator
12,791 Posts
Rubber boots cause one's feet to sweat on long walks thus socks will move about and you can get blisters which can have a negative effect on hunting for the next few days.

It is not severely cold on the Spring hunts, I usually do a lot of walking and when it is cold it warms up as the morning goes on. I favor a pair of light weight hiking ankle top boots which are water proof. I purchased a pair of Rocky's in 1996 and still wear them today.....They have a lot of miles on them. They are not exactly water proof anymore with a couple a small holes at the top of the toes. I would like to get another pair.

One of the coldest foot Spring turkey hunts I had was a morning I waded into through high wet grass with hiking shoes which were not waterproof and set all morning.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I prefer uninsulated rubber boots.there easy to slip on and off.I have a pair of Lacrosse,love `um.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
I still love my LL Bean Guide boots. Rubber bottoms, leather uppers with a thin removable booty. The sole is thin and I can feel every twig before I put my weight on it.
Walking quiet is key for me.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Uninsulated rubber knee boots, with my pant legs tucked down inside.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
My Muck boots are hard to beat-like wearing slippers ! At a time when wet grasses and stream bottoms are traveled I am glad to be able to just slosh on through .

·
Registered
730 Posts
I love my Muck boots, Iwore them for every hunt .I was so tired of wet feet with my Danner Pronghorns that were supposed to be waterproof.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I wear both types in the spring, depending on the terrain I'm hunting.

Up in 2G in the mountains, or the mountains around home I prefer a fairly tall lace-up boot for ankle support. For quite a few Springs now it has been Danner Pronghorns and Radicals.

When I'm hunting field birds or anywhere in the vicinity of water, I like knee-high rubber boots. I've had good success with LaCrosse and Muck.

Some of my boots needed retiring after last year so I did pick up a pair of Irish Setter Havocs and Under Armour H.A.Ws for this year.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts