The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some recommendations for a good early season non-Insulated boot. I plan to use these early archery season, on bear drives and spring turkey. I need something with good ankle support as well. Let me know your thoughts

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have crispi dakotas, picked them up on sale a few months ago. great boot with good ankle support and just the right amount of stiffness in the sole. i will be wearing them in colorado in a few more weeks.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Meindl Perfekt Hunters from Cabelas,but they are insulated,best supporting boot I have ever owned.they would be great on bear drives where you need a tough supportive boot and they are water proof,I was in mine for 3 straight days during spring turkey in wet muddy conditions with no issues.Lou

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I've worn the cabelas denali (made by meindl) boots as a warm weather non-insulated boot and have been happy with them. For a time I wore some of the cordura/leather combo boots like the danner pronghorns and they were pretty good, lighter weight but not as good in the ankles. Leather is heavier but better support in the ankles. Also a little stiffer sole like on the meindls gave my older feet better arch support and foot protection from rocks and such. No doubt lighter is nice for walking but better support and protection with the leather.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have crispi dakotas, picked them up on sale a few months ago. great boot with good ankle support and just the right amount of stiffness in the sole. i will be wearing them in colorado in a few more weeks.
Do you think the soles were flexible enough to do some spot and stalks here in PA?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts