The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have Boost Mobile cell Service?

If so, are you experiencing No Cell Service?

If so, did you contact Customer service? Were you told about the Server being down and it being worked on?
When were you given a time things would be fixed?

I lost Cell Service yesturday 3/2/13 around 6 am and still have no service. contacted customer service Saturday evening around 9 pm and was told their servers in the Harrisburg area is Down and they were working to fix it.

I found that it is pretty much Country Wide on the Outrage!!

read the complaints here http://www.facebook.com/boostmobile?ref=ts&fref=ts

They are refusing to give Credits to service for their problems!

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Good thing smoke signals still work or I wouldn't have service either.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I happen one time with me with verizon. mine was outfor 3 weeks. They were not to happy when they got their payment as I credited myself.they tryed 3 more months to get it all.I think what stopped it is when I brought up a class action suit. I still have verizon and have had them from 1992.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
There is a reason VZW and ATT are top dog and its not because they are $10/mo more than boost. LOL
On a side note, why anyone would want to jump on the sprint network is beyond me.
I hope you have your service restored soon.

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
Read the contract, especially the fine print. And yes, even if you didn't sign a contract, read their terms and conditions. NO CELLULAR SERVICE PROVIDER is under ANY obligation to guarantee cell phone service nor coverage. You got a phone and in most cases you signed a contract for phone usage. No where did they say anything specific to YOU in regard to YOUR service nor coverage.

In regard to problems within their control, you are still guaranteed NOTHING. But in those cases, it is their decision whether or not they will in some way compensate you and other customers for the disruption of service and inconvience they are caused. They will do so only to protect their customer image and ONLY IF there are alternatives for you to switch to another carrier.

But read this. It will make you feel much much better.

http://www.republicreport.org/2012/cell-phone-corruption-bill/

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Buk_Huntir said:
There is a reason VZW and ATT are top dog and its not because they are $10/mo more than boost. LOL
On a side note, why anyone would want to jump on the sprint network is beyond me.
Why would anyone want to jump to Sprint.

Lets See, Verizon and ATT Basically Rape their Customers with the HUGE Monthly Contract Amounts, They Rape you when you have to Buy a phone from them to use their service then less then a month later the phone Dies due to being a problem in the Manufacturing of the Phone and Verizon and ATT will NOT Fix the Phone nor will they give you credit for another phone!

HUGE Monthly Bills from those 2, you look at other services and price and you see how much LESS they charge and you get the Same Service and as good of Coverage like the Big 2....but sometimes things like this happen!

Verizon and ATT are RAPING their Customers with the HUGE Monthly Contract Fees they Charge!
Then if you want a Business Contract, it is even a Bigger Fee then others!

Been with Both Verizon and ATT, had many issues, MORE Issues then with Boost in the 2 years I've been on Boost!
And when I started out with Boost, my Monthly fee was $50.00, 3 months later it dropped to $45.00 and 6 months later it was dropped to $40.00 for being ontime in my monthly payments!

Verizon & ATT was between $75.00 % $125.00 per month & if I did not want a phone with all the Bells and Whistles, Kiss you in the Morning on waking, Breath for you, eat for you, I was charged an Extra $15.00 per month for Not taking their Phone that could do everything under the Sun!

If Sprint, T-Mobile, Vigin and the other companies can give service for Lower Monthly fees, Verizon and ATT Can do it Also!

·
Registered
763 Posts
Like I said I have had verizon/Bell from 1992. I have only signed 3 contracts with them. I don't buy their phone and I do not get charged $15 a month and I get a new pnone when I need it. I now have 3 phones on the account and my bill is 89.00 a month. So I don't know why you are being raped over when you chose to use verizon. My work phone was through t-moble and the area I could get call was very poor. And just so you know t-moble is now at&t.

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
Verizon contracts are not huge. I pay $130/month for two smart phones.

Verizon's service and coverage areas are TOTALLY UNMATCHED. The little guys can't even come close. The statement that they provide "as good as coverage" is absurd.

Verizon has replaced phones for me "on the spot" and AFTER the contract was up because of batteries gone bad or other issues. This has happened on three different ocassions.

You get what you pay for. I have yet to encounter a business enterprise that has <span style="text-decoration: underline">never had an issue</span> with a product or service they offer. It's how they handle them that counts.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
No offense, but $130 a month for two smart phones sounds obscene to me.

Maybe you use the phone a lot more than I do.

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
At $65 each? Really? I thought it was about middle of the road as to what is available. That includes unlimited talk time, unlimited texting, and 1GB data to share between the two for internet usage.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
My verizon smart phone costs me on average 95/ month. So 65 is pretty darn good. I will say that their service is unmatched though. I've thought of leaving Verizon many times just can't because of their service area.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I hve verizon and pay as much as GIE... I'd rather pay a little more for the convienience of knowing tht I'll have service when I dial. My camp is in the middle of the ANF and I can make and recieve calls when nobody else can. I had T-mobile prior to that and Icouldn't go more than a couple of mins while driving without dropping the call. Talk about embarrassing...

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
You get what you pay for. Boost, Tracphone, Net10, Cricket etc are going to save you money, but their networks are weak at best.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Woodywoodduck said:
Buk_Huntir said:
Why would anyone want to jump to Sprint.

Lets See, Verizon and ATT Basically Rape their Customers with the HUGE Monthly Contract Amounts, They Rape you when you have to Buy a phone from them to use their service then less then a month later the phone Dies due to being a problem in the Manufacturing of the Phone and Verizon and ATT will NOT Fix the Phone nor will they give you credit for another phone!
Incorrect. Every mobile phone has a 1 year warranty with the manufacturer. As long as there is no physical or liquid damge the phones are warrentied.

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
Danesdad said:
No offense, but $130 a month for two smart phones sounds obscene to me.

Maybe you use the phone a lot more than I do.
None taken DD. Not right or wrong. Just one's perspective.

There is a ton to choose from. I picked what I thought (and still believe) was middle of the road. I try to do that with most purchases and be sure I am getting what I pay for.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts