The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my never ending quest for the Zen of longbow perfection, and the ability to hit a paper plate 7x7 times with regularity, I supplement my practice sessions with reading. I just ordered, and frankly can not finish reading "Instinctive Archery Insights" by Jay Kidell, Ph.D. The book is 127 pages and the only thing I got out of it was an understanding of what the author called the shooting process: stance / draw / anchor / aim / release / follow-through. Disapointing to a novice archer like me who has a lot to learn about this sport and has nowhre to turn. Does anyon know of any good books to read concerning traditional archery? Hunting, technique, folk-lore are all of interest to me so feel free to make any reccomendations.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Re: Bopok review (blach!)

I just ordered Shooting The Stickbow by Anthony Camera. I've heard nothing but good things about it on some other trad sites. I'm pretty new to this also so I'm hoping it has as much useful info as everyone says it does.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
Re: Bopok review (blach!)

Traditional Bowhunters Handbook by TJ Conrads is a great one. Covers just about everything Trad related. From history, shooting, making trad gear, etc.

And any book on shooting by G Fred Asbell.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts