The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO, I want to start picking mushrooms. Ive been around a family that picked just ONE kind for 50 years.......they call it "Papinky"....i think some call them "stumpies"? ANyway, i bought a book "the ultimate mushroom book" but these are mushrooms from all over the country! Is there a book of just the mushrooms i will be looking for here in NE Pa? This is going to be difficult unless I can streamline the list of targeted shrooms!!!

·
Banned
1,246 Posts
Bill Russell knows his fungi, if you get a chance to attend one of his Forays it's well worth the time...he a bit of a charactor will add some well rehearsed humor to hold your interest.

His book follows the four seasons of PA mushroom hunting and that concept takes a bit to get used to at first but makes it easy to know what to look for and when...it's the one folks borrow the most often and I wish I had bought two.

·
Premium Member
24,100 Posts
I have the book by Bill Russell

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
I have always been paranoid about picking fungi outta the forest and eating it, but I think I'm gonna get Russell's book and give mushrooming a try! You guys have inspired me!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts