The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
14,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mentioned in another post that I ordered a buck fixed blade woodsman knife with a laminated wood handle. Well I got it today and the blade is scratched up on both sides now i'm not that picky a little blemish or something I would still keep it but this thing was bad. Of course i'm sending it back. I'm not saying it couldn't happen with cabelas but I've ordered alot of stuff from cabelas and have had good luck and shipping is faster.
They put the knife box in a large box with no packing material now that didn't scratch the blade but thats not the proper way to pack. Now tomorrow is my birthday and no knife

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I have not ordered from Bass Pro in years---------There are many good mail order companies out there,including Cabelas.
JMHO
Happy Birthday
Dave

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
i have never had any issues with BPS> Their shipping is fast and i usually get whatever i order in 3 days.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I'm guessing the knife came into BP that way and was shipped without anyone there taking it out and actually looking at it? It probably came right from the factory that way? A friend just bought a VERY expensive bowsight that came in sealed in the factory packaging. When he opened it there were flaws in the sight ring that looked like they tried to cover them up using a black marker. The front of the ring was dinged up and had shiny spots where the anodizing was not even there. It was either dropped on the floor or assembled with a ball peen hammer? The dealer called the distibutor and they replaced it with another sight but the guy had to wait another few days. When you pay good money for a quality product you expect more than this from the company building it.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I deal with BPS on a near weekly basis. I like the service I get when there, I have had no problems with any purchase ever made there. The few issues that I had were rectified when brought to their attention. No complaints about them here. I also shop Cabela's when I have the opportunity to. I buy from them online with no troubles either. Their customer service is great as well. Last year I had a game camera stolen. I called their customer service and they tracked down the model so I was able to get another of the same. Extremly helpful I thought they were. Only complaint I have about the big boxes....is that they have driven alot of smaller ones out of business, though that is the nature of the business.

·
Registered
10,309 Posts
BPS did me wrong a few yrs ago.

I've not done business with them since.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I like to deal with BPS. Have always received good service. Another plus is that they are not nearly as crowded and inpersonel as Cabelas. I would guess that you could get bad service from either co.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I would say there is a 99.999999999% chance that came to Bass pro that way. now wholesaler or retailer looks at every single item that comes in. They rely on the manufacturer to do the final inspections and those are still not done on every item. What exactly did Bass pro do that warranted you talking ill of them on here? Seems like from what you said they are going to exchange it.

the true test of a company is not if there are problem, because there will be at some point. the true test is how they handle those problems.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I will say this if I want it quick...I order through cabela's customer service line. I do not order via internet. Product ships faster that way. If I want to put my hands on a product I will go to Bass Pro shops. They are not as crowded and I would Agree with OSOB they just are not as crowded it is a more leisurely pace. Though I love the food at Cabelas there are good restaraunts around the Bass Pro Shops that I frequent..Unless I go to the Bass Pro in Richmond VA...they have the restaraunt in the store and the food way surpasses Cabela's food. Comments a little off topic but there are good points to both. Defective products though are never the responsibility of the retailer. Your paying someone minimum wage to stock a shelf not inspect something that should be inspected by the manufacturer.

·
Registered
769 Posts
wv windy ridge said:
Defective products though are never the responsibility of the retailer. Your paying someone minimum wage to stock a shelf not inspect something that should be inspected by the manufacturer.
Amen

·
Registered
137 Posts
I generally have no problem with BP. No Cabelas in my area. Unfortunately, it is all about the sale. I bought a fish finder/depth finder for a specialized application after discussing at length with a sales person. Bought it and took it home and really started looking it over, reading, and seeing how I might rig it up. Called the manufacturer and discussed and they said I should have bought a different one. BP is about a 2.5-3 hr drive depending on which one I go to and it was about a month before I was that way. Tried to have them take the item back and they were a bit hesitant due to the length of time (still unused and brand new however). They gave me a store credit and I bought a different more expensive fish finder. Such is life. Ultimately, BP did okay, but the sales person really didn't know much about the product. Worked out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts