The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
21,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bon-fire subject has popped up a few places recently around these boards and it got me to thinkin'..... how many of you guys spend quality time at the fire pit? Either with the family at camp or a campground or after a longs day hunt or in the middle of the day during the cold rifle season to warm things up?

When I'm archery hunting out of state, one of the things we like to do when we are done for the day is to sit back and eat over a fire. Look up at the stars, centemplate the silence and plan for the next day and what might happen or the deer you may see again and actually get a shoot at. Plus, talking about what events took place during the hunt itself.

Also, many times over the summer we enjoy a good Holtwood bon-fire.
Call the friends and neighbors and tell them to come on over and bring a chair and/or a beverage of their choice. Then sit around while the kids play and talk about whatever might be on the mind.

Always seems like some of the best conversations take place around the fire.

How 'bout you guys.... you enjoy a good old fashioned fire?

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
I usually have a fire going every weekend we are home. There is nothing better than drinking some suds and eating mountain pies. I can not wait to start it up again.

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
Oh man, nothing like sitting around a fire on a cool night drinking a cold one BSing about the days events or previous days events, well this is till you fall asleep and everyone decides it would be great to leave you out there for the night when you wait up cause is 40 degress and the fire went out, then it kinda suck s

·
Registered
21,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hear ya' Fishkrane!!

I enjoy the camaraderie around the fire amongst family and friends.

But when I fire up the Smoker before a hunt.... It's all "business"!!

·
Registered
761 Posts
lots of summer night by the fire pit. Will try and post some from this coming summer as we get them. First ones should be from Memorial Day weekend. Best one from last year was 10 degrees out side and cooking steak on the pit during a bear hunting trip.

·
Registered
837 Posts
We have a fire pit at home and the cabin,we always have weekend fires but those fires at camp seem to hold alot more magic to them than the ones at home,I always love to go out the next morning at camp after a good fire and just kick it around alitte and she starts right back up,A fire at camp is almost as important as the front door

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Yup. Enjoy a fire while camping and in the fire ring in the back yard. Never fails, we always end up with 1/2 the neighborhood back there. The adults are usually partaking in some liquid entertainment and the kids are either playing or making s'mores. Great times!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Bonfires what better way to sit around and talk about everything and anything especially with cold iron city.What does everyone eat at the fire.We eat paprkia bacon ,with red
onion and rye bread does not get better than that.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
We like to have a campfire. We have a stone fire ring here at the house and spend a few nights every summer having a campfire. Mountain pies, hot dogs, s'mores, and oh yea kabalsa sausage. Nothing better than a kabalsa cooked on a stick and thrown into a hotdog bun. It is also how we watch our fireworks on the Fourth of July.

·
Registered
21,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Anything you can fit in this guy and throw in the fire to cook.

·
Registered
21,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice pics CowDawg.....

I'm thinking this weekend I'll be having another bon-fire here in Holtwood!!

1 - 20 of 111 Posts