The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Shooting a Excalibur Micro 355 - and suggestions on setups? Looking to try out some new bolts this year. Interested to hear what might be working for others.

·
Registered
18,575 Posts
Never met an Excalibur that didn't like Black Eagle Executioners. Get the .001s and if you get a flyer, you can rotate the down vane to get it to group with the others, since Excaliburs shoot flat nocks. Excals are not very broadhead finicky.

·
Registered
25 Posts
check out wyvern creations web site. I shoot his custom gold tips out of my excaliburs and they work great. brass inserts in the front to increase foc. I shoot muzzy trocars out of mine and have had good results. dpms' advice for rotating the arrow is great advice. I learned about that trick a couple years ago and it helped with my flyers. sight in using one arrow with the same vane up each time ( I mark mine "up" ) then number your other arrows vanes and shoot them to see if they hit to the same point of aim. if not start rotating them one vane at a time. its amazing how far off some of them are and rotating arrow helps.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
check out wyvern creations web site. I shoot his custom gold tips out of my excaliburs and they work great. brass inserts in the front to increase foc. I shoot muzzy trocars out of mine and have had good results. dpms' advice for rotating the arrow is great advice. I learned about that trick a couple years ago and it helped with my flyers. sight in using one arrow with the same vane up each time ( I mark mine "up" ) then number your other arrows vanes and shoot them to see if they hit to the same point of aim. if not start rotating them one vane at a time. its amazing how far off some of them are and rotating arrow helps.
Hmmmmm so lets say the white cock vane could end up on the left or right.. and shoot straighter. I'll try this next time I get a flyer..

·
Registered
18,575 Posts
Hmmmmm so lets say the white cock vane could end up on the left or right.. and shoot straighter. I'll try this next time I get a flyer..
I don't recall which bow you shoot but keep in mind arrow tuning like this can only be done in bows that use flat or omni nocks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts